50. Roots in my dreamland

Taylor sighed as she sat down on the couch. She brought her glass to her lips and sipped from the wine. It had been two months since she had moved into her Nashville house, three since her and Joe ended whatever they had going on.

She had written tons of songs, enough for two albums if she used them all. She had released the first single of her new album "evermore" last week. The song was called "champagne problems" she wrote it right after her and Joe broke things off.

She still missed him sometimes but she realized he was right. Even if she loved him, she would never forget about Harry. Speaking about harry, be was coming over later that evening.

She had asked him to bring some stuff she had left there, she really just wanted to see him but needed an excuse to ask him to come over.

The blonde turned on the tv, just watching some friends to waste the time until Harry would be there. She finished her glass of wine right when she heard the doorbell ring.

She got up from the couch and rushed to the door. She looked in the mirror, quickly fixing her hair before opening. "Harry" she breathed out as she saw him. He just smiled as he was holding a box of the stuff she had wanted him to bring. "Hey, here is the stuff you wanted" he smiled as he handed the box to her.

"Thank you, I appreciate it" Taylor smiled at him, feeling butterflies in her stomach as she saw him again. She had found a way to forgive him, she knew she had too because he was harry. That was all she needed to forgive him, she needed to realize it was him, it would always be him.

Harry smiled and nodded before turning around, "Of course, El is coming next weekend right? I will pick her up from Andrea as usual?" he said as he started walking back to his car, not seeing a reason to stay as he was convinced she hated him.

"Ehh yeah emh come drink something you had a long drive" she didn't want him to go, she wanted him to stay. "Oh eh sure" he said with a smile as he walked back to her. She let him inside the house as she put the box of stuff down in the hallway.

She led him into the living room with a big open kitchen. "You have a beautiful house Tay" he looked around and smiled. "Thank you, what do you want to drink? Some beer?" he looked at her, doubting if it was smart. "Is El home?" he asked.

The blonde shook her head, "Two day sleepover at her friend, some birthday party or something" Harry nodded, "Alright some beer won't hurt". Taylor smiled as she got him a bottle of beer and poured it into a glass before pouring herself some more wine.

They walked to the couch and sat down. "Your new song is amazing by the way" Harry said as he took a sip. "Things between you and Joe didn't work out I'm assuming" Taylor just nodded, "Ehh yeah, complications. We're still friends though"

Harry nodded as he looked at Taylor, studying her face. She hadn't changed a bit since they were together. He still felt the same way for her, he would always feel that way for her.

"I emh, I didn't actually need that stuff now or like I don't know ever" Taylor admitted. He raised an eyebrow, "Then why did you want me to bring them?" Taylor bit her lower lip, not sure how to answer that question. "I wanted to see you" she mumbled as she looked down at her glass of wine. "Why?"

She shrugged, not sure what to say. "I miss you and I know I said I could never forgive you but I have and I miss you and just I don't know" she rambled nervously. A smile appeared on Harry's face. "I miss you too. Do you.. Do you want to try again?" he asked. She nodded, "I- I do, I really do" she said as she smiled.

Harry smiled as he leaned in, pressing his lips against hers. Taylor kissed him back and wrapped an arm around his neck as she pulled him closer to her. Taylor deepend the kiss when she suddenly felt something on her chest, Harry felt the same thing. They pulled out and looked down, realizing they were still holding their drinks and Taylor had just spilled her glass of wine over them.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry" she said as she got up. "Take ur shirt off, it will still come out if we put it in the washer now" Harry just chuckled, "take it off" She said. Once he didn't listen she did it herself, she grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his head.

She walked away to put it in the washer. Harry followed her as he laughed, finding the situation funny.
"You are also covered in wine" he said as he chuckled. Taylor looked down, realizing he was right. "Oh shit emhh"
she mumbled as she shook her head.

"Take it off, you need to wash that too" Harry chuckled. "I can't, I'm not wearing a bra" she said as she threw Harry's shirt in the washer. "So? Baby you can just put something else on" Harry said as he laughed.

Taylor nodded, "can you unzip me, please?" Harry did as she said and zipped open the back of her dress. Taylor let it fall down, leaving her in just some panties. Harry looked at her body for a second before looking at her face and smiling widely.

Taylor threw her dress in the washer before turning it on. She wrapped her arms around herself to cover herself up which made Harry chuckle.

They walked to the bedroom where Taylor took out an oversized shirt and put it on. "Do you want a shirt?" she asked Harry. He nodded, "if you have one" she just nodded before throwing one at him. "Do you want to stay the night? It's late and you had some beer" Taylor asked nervously, she didn't want to overstep.

Harry nodded, "I would love to" he replied, smiling. "do you need some sweatpants to sleep in or something?" he nodded, "sure"

She smiled as she opened another drawer where she had some stuff she had bought to give her brother as present for his birthday. She threw Harry a pair of sweatpants before walking to the bathroom, giving him some privacy to change.

She brushed her teeth before walking back in. "Don't tell me you will sleep in that shirt, you hate sleeping in shirts" she said, making Harry chuckle. He took off the shirt and threw it in the laundry basket. She was completely right, he hated sleeping in shirts more than anything.

They crawled into the bed and cuddled as they watched some tv but spend most the time talking. After about two hours Taylor fell asleep, her head on his chest and her arms around him. Harry smiled as he looked down at her.

To him she was the most beautiful woman on earth and he was more than happy he had her back, it was all he ever dreamed of, to be with her. He kissed her temple before drifting of to sleep himself, his arms around the person he loved the most.