Chapter 10

CHAEYOUNG

"Do you like Jennie?" I turn my look on Seulgi, her focus was still on the road. We were just coming back to the mansion. By tommorow, we would attend classes and fortunately, we had manage the Principal to get us all the same schedule as Jung Yerin. We thought RJ Lee and Jung Yerin would go on the same class, but as long as we're in the school where Jennie is, then that's fine.

I frozed. "Why- why would you ask something like that?" I blinked fast. I could feel the heat on my cheeks.

"So, you do." She confirmed as she saw my red cheeks. Jisoo did told me and Lisa that Seulgi is aware that Jennie and the three of us are childhood friends.

"Hey! I never said anything." I lowered down my head to hide my flushed cheeks. This is so embarrassing.

"Your face told me something, though." The gates of the mansion was opened by a guy named Sehun, which apparently was Lisa's assigned bodyguard. Looks like Jiyong don't trust Lisa that much. Well, Lisa might look playful and all, but I know she's also nervous and excited. Besides she was the first one, out of us three, that met Jennie first.

Seulgi parked the car and as we went out, the cold breeze of the fresh air embraced me. It was just a normal wind, but I feel emotional. Jennie would constantly lower the temperature of the wind if I whined about how cold it was. And she would cuddle me.

Jennie is very clingy, doesn't suit her powerful and scary aura, but she do love cuddles. Maybe. Just maybe, Jennie likes me the way I like her too.

I should not have that kind of thoughts, because it sounds so selfish and I don't want to be selfish.

I shrugged off the thought and entered the mansion, went straight upstairs and I thought I was dreaming when I saw Joohyun getting out of Jisoo's room, alive.

"You're back." She said. I nodded my head, but then she dragged me inside my room and locked it. I glanced at her weirdly.

"Tell me about Jennie." She said as I sat down on my bed. She was standing in front of me. "Tell me how you two met." She requested, rather ordered, because she sounds demanding. Very demanding.

"Uhm, why so sudden?" I asked suspiciously. I'm not surprised that she knew Jennie and I are childhood friends, because she's able to see the past and future of a person. And that's what shocked me. Why don't she just see it for herself?

"Just tell me." I breathed heavily and nodded, mumbling an "okay" to her. She stood there in front of me, looking eager to know how Jennie and I met.

The news of my parents dying spread across my neighborhood. I am young, but the news gave me a heartbreak. It was so painful that I decided to run away. I went into the near river and jumped. I thought I was going to die, but for some weird reason, I was able to breath underwater.

I heard mumbled voices coming from the surface of the water and then a splash of water. I found another girl, she looks like around my age.

She has her cheeks puffed as she stared at me. She swam towards me and grabbed my arms, swimming towards the surface. When we finally could breath fresh air, the girl coughed. Her breathing ragged.

She then glared in front of her, there was a guy in front of us, he was just smiling at the girl beside me. "I didn't know you would actually do it." Said the guy. And then it hit me. He is—

"Seungri, shut up." Glared the girl next to me as she guide me out of the water and went out of it herself. She then stared at me. "You're the Water Holder that's why you didn't drown and that's why you're coming with us." She said and then started walking away, she didn't even bother to dry herself.