43: Destroyed Toys

Y/N - 4 y/o

  'Eomma!!!!!!' Y/N ran into Jeongyeon's room, while her mom was sitting there, building her Lego fortress patiently.

  But as soon as the girl ran in, she bumped into the Lego fortress, causing the whole structure to fall on the floor.

'YOO Y/N!' Jeongyeon shouted out of rage, staring at the broken piece on the floor.

  Y/N, being a small, fragile kid, started to internally panic, her small eyes tearing up.

  She decided to run out the room and run to Nayeon, who was lying down on the sofa and using her phone.

  'Y/N?'

  The girl, without saying anything, started crying in the arms of her mom, not knowing what to do after ruining her Eomma Jeong's lego.

  'Y/N? What's wrong? Tell Eomma...' Nayeon put her phone on the table and sat up, hugging her daughter tight and patting her tiny back.

  'E-Eomma J-J-Jeong...I-I bwoke her l-lego...' Y/N sobbed, rubbing her eyes.

  'And then? She got mad at you right?' Nayeon asked, pulling out a piece of tissue to wipe her daughter's tears.

  Y/N nodded, still crying, worried that Jeongyeon would not talk to her ever again.

  'Hey...don't cry. She's just mad...you know... she like Legos a lot. What did you do though?'

  'I-I ran and h-hit it...'

  'Why did you run Y/N? Didn't I tell you not to run in the house? Hm?' Nayeon scolded her playfully, pinching her small nose.

  Y/N nodded, not looking up.

  'What did you find Eomma Jeong for though?' Nayeon asked again.

  'I was hungwy...' Y/N replied, finally calming down.

  'Fine, let's go get some food.' Nayeon giggled, walking into the kitchen while carrying her daughter.

  'I want...yoghurt!!!' Y/N shouted, raising her hands up.

  'Shhhh...don't shout. Which flavour?'

  'Mango!!!'

As Y/N was eating her cup of yoghurt on the sofa, Nayeon went into Jeongyeon's room, where the latter was trying very hard to rebuild her Lego fortress, to talk to her.

  'DONT COME IN!' Jeongyeon shouted, as soon as she saw the door open slightly. 'Oh, it's you.'

  'Yeah, it's me. Come on Jeongie, you know she's just a kid, don't shout at her like that...' Nayeon said, carefully walking past the Lego and sitting down on Jeongyeon's bed.

  'She told you didn't she?'

  'Yea...I mean, I know she's wrong for running into your Lego, but you know she didn't mean it hm?'  Nayeon softly said, playing with the younger's hair.

  'I know...I just get mad really quickly for a minute and then I go back to normal, but then the damage I do is a lot. I get that.' Jeongyeon sighed. 'I'll go apologize to her now then.'

  Nayeon shot her an encouraging smile as Jeongyeon walked out her room.

  'Y/N?'

  As soon as Y/N saw her mom coming out, she sat on the other side of the couch, avoiding her.

  'Hey I'm not mad anymore. I'm sorry ok?' Jeongyeon said, gently picking up her daughter. 'I'll throw this for you.'

  After throwing the yoghurt cup away in the kitchen, she sat back down on the couch and gave her daughter a 'talk' .

  'Look, Eomma is sor-'

  'Y/N/N!!! Take this! It'll cheer you up!' Nayeon came jumping out with Kkaengi, her lucky bunny, in her hands.

  She placed it in her daughter's small hands, and looked up at Jeongyeon.

'Did I interrupt you? Sorry.' She softly chuckled before going back in to her room.

'Anyways what I wanted to say, I'm sorry Y/N. I didn't mean to get mad at you ok?'

Y/N gave her an adorable, innocent, sweet smile, and a small nod.

'My Y/N/N is the best right?' Jeongyeon chuckled, giving her kisses all over the head.

  While Y/N was playing with Kkaengi, aka the bunny toy, she accidentally ripped one of its ears apart.

  'E-Eomma...' Y/N held up the bunny for Jeongyeon to see.

  'Yoo Y/N...what did you do...' Jeongyeon gasped, holding the bunny up. 'Nayeon Eomma loves that bunny so much!!'

  Y/N gulped, not knowing what to do. She knew this wasn't fine.

  'Ok, I'll say it's my fault ok? Don't worry.' Jeongyeon sighed, patting the girls head.

Nayeon soon came out after a phone call with Irene, aka her good friend, and sat down next to Jeongyeon.

She was about to pat her daughter's head softly, until she saw Jeongyeon holding the broke Kkaengi.

'W-WHAT HAPPENED TO MY KKAENGI?' Nayeon half-screamed, pulling the stuffed toys out of Jeongyeon's hand.

'I-I'm sorry. Truly sorry. I broke it when I was trying to take it from Y/N.' Jeongyeon said, looking down.

'It doesn't look like you though...you know how much I love this bunny!'

'But..yes it's my fault...sorry...'

'It's not. Y/N, be honest, tell Eomma if you did it or not.' Nayeon said, staring at the kid on Jeongyeon's lap.

'Y-yes Eomma...'

'Wow. You broke two things in just an hour. How powerful.' Nayeon chuckled sarcastically. 'Whatever.'

Y/N tugged on her mom's sleeve and stared at her with her watery eyes.

'Eomma mianhae...I didn't mean to...bweak your toy bunny. I know you love it a lot Eomma Jeong told me.' Y/N said, her puppy eyes full of tears.

Nayeon immediately softened looking at the young girl's cute look.

'Aigoo...this bunny was Eomma's lucky bunny, but now you're here, there's nothing more luckier than having you!' Nayeon chuckled, taking her daughter away from Jeongyeon.

'And I thought I was your girlfriend.' Jeongyeon mumbled.

'Not now Jeongie.' Nayeon quickly said, before giving her full attention to Y/N.