Isaac Lahey

"What?" I whispered out into the dark.

" Are you asleep? " I heard Isaacs rough voice call out.

" No not yet " I whispered out once again.

" Can I come up to you? " He whispered back once again. Isaac was laying on a mattress beside my bed.

He didn't let me answer, I could hear a lot of shuffling and I felt the bed sink down as he laid beside me. I turned around to face him but I couldn't see his face.

" Are you okay? " I asked quietly. He didn't answer me but I already knew the answer. He wasn't okay, he probably had a nightmare again.

It pained me knowing he barley got any sleep. The trauma that his father inflicted was to hard. He was okay when the sun was up but when it turned dark, he was fragile.

I reached for his hand and he's it tightly. I never knew what to do to help his anxiety go down. I felt helpless everytime it happened, but I knew he felt safe when I held his hand so I always did that.

" Can I sleep here? " He asked in a small voice. I had never let him sleep on my bed before, mostly because my brother and my
Mother would throw a fit.

" Of course " I answered him calmly. I let go of his hand and he moved closer to me. He laid his head in my chest and I wrapped my arms around him.

I let my fingers dance through his hair gently. I hated that I couldn't help him more.

I knew that in the morning there would be a lot of trouble. But as of right now, all that mattered to me was Isaac. And that he got a good night sleep, and that his anxiety disappeared enough for him to be calm.