The kid

Sree

I was a little anxious the whole week thinking that Karan might come or do something. Thankfully he didn't. I didn't talk to Vikram for the whole week.
After the old age home, it seemed like we got back to where we were in the beginning.

The next week Friday, I was returning home and I was going to cross the street, when I saw a young girl in her uniform crying. She looked very young, around 5 to 10 years old.

She was alone, I looked around thinking her parents would be around or someone else would come but nobody was there, the road was empty. I wasn't that good with kids, but her crying pulled me towards her.

I couldn't leave a crying girl alone in the street.

" Hey kid, why are you crying  where is your mom and dad? ", I asked her, bending down to meet her face.

" I don't know mamaa lost", she cried.
What do I do? Do I ask someone to help her? Leaving her here wouldn't be right.
But there was no one around.

I saw a school I'd card on her. It had her address

"Don't worry, I'll take you home, hold my hand" I told her and held her small hand. I booked an ola and was waiting, trying to comfort her. I bent down to talk to her.

She however didn't stop crying.
"Relax Sree, just drop her home and return, its easy", I told myself
The girl was sort of cute.

I heard a car coming towards us. I turned. The windows opened and I saw Vikram.

" He looked at me and then the kid.

"Who is this", he asked looking at the crying kid.
"Is he now going to accuse me of kidnapping a kid", I joked to myself.

" Some kid , I guess she got lost, so I'm helping her, I'm going to the address in her I'd card.",

"Ooh okk" He said. He looked at the kid and drove off.

"That's it? Why did he even ask me", I thought.
" Where was the cab.. "

Vikram stopped the car at a distance and got out of the car.

"Bring the kid here", he shouted.
" Why? ", I asked
"  I'll drop the kid", he said.
"I am perfectly capable of doing it myself" I said

Vikram then walked towards us with a stern look.

Before I could say anything, he grabbed the child from my hand and carried her.

She started wailing like anything. I think she was scared of Vikram.

"I think she doesn't like you, ", I taunted

Vikram walked silently to his car, with the child who was crying, really scared that she was grabbed and carried.

The girl looked at me from Vikram's arms and raised her hands. Vikram reached the car door and saw this.
He sighed and closed his eyes for a second.

" You come too ", he said to me.

" Why should I", I thought but against my better judgement I walked towards the car.

I got in with the child in the front seat.
Seeing me she calmed down a bit.
"It's ok we are going to get you home, what is your name? ", I asked her
" An.. Anya", she told

" Can I play the radio, for her, Anya" I asked Vikram. He nodded. I switched the radio on and played some song.

I told Anya I would give her many chocolates, if she stopped crying

She finally smiled after some time.

I could see Vikram looking at us from time to time but I ignored him.