FOURTY ONE

The big ancient clock that hanged on the room walls dinged as it indicated that is was already midnight, the silent sound of crickets and night owls was still heard despite the far distant of the forest and the windows of Niki's room. Some of them were sound asleep, Niki and Sunoo in one bed, both of them unaware that they're sleeping next to each other. Jake and Jungwon was snuggled together in the room's big couch, Jake always letting out a satisfied sigh as he held Jungwon tighter in his arms. And of course, Jay and Sunghoon shared the other bed that was placed in the near corner, Heeseung was stuck in the middle, the both squishing him, latching on his limbs carelessly.

Heeseung was still wide awake, he wondered why he ended up being trapped between these big bodies. he could barely breath when Jay would hug him too much, and his breath stopping when Sunghoon would grab him by his torso, they sure a big fans of cuddles and affections.

And another reason why Heeseung couldn't sleep, he's comprehending and understanding everything on his own again, giving him the usual headaches. the angel surely needed a good sleep but, he doesn't even know how to sleep. every time he closes his eyes, his brain is alive, and he can't do a thing but to let his eyes open.

Earlier, he thought of what happened earlier before they ended up being cuddled together. Jay and Sunghoon had the small argument, which Jake let them be and Heeseung was left no choice but to listen to each others side. Sunghoon started to talk after they made sure that th three youngest is actually stable and not hurt by any chance. the ice prince questioned Jay, asking him why he suddenly disappeared at the times they were in trouble. at first, Jay didn't reply and continued to be mute and silent. And Sunghoon asked him again.

"Did you really just left us there?"

Sunghoon already accepted that he would most likely receive a silent treatment but, Jay reacted. Saying,

"No, I didn't. I tried- actually we tried."

That's what he responded, still looking down feeling ashamed as he can't do a thing properly in attempt to save them. Sunghoon questioned him again,

"Who's 'we'?"

the angel could still picture the expressions Jay held when he was asked with that question, he got worried that everything might end up both of them having a serious fight.

"You know Yuju noona, right?"

"Yes, why?"

"She was the one who saved and got me out there first, but when I and she tried to create a bigger portal. it didn't work cause of how thick the smoke is, we cannot get in there again, so we waited until everyone's calmed down and is perfect to go inside and check on you all."

"Nishi left after Sunoo stopped him, why aren't you there?"

the angel felt bad when Sunghoon tried to push more further by continuously asking Jay questions, he knows everyone's upset at Jay, he was too. Because they clearly knew that Jay can actually save them all, but he didn't join their conversation and only listened to them, understanding them.