My title, restored at last

⚠️ Disclaimer: ⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis
"Starà bene? Ha battuto la testa sul bancone e si è oscurata. Tutto a causa di Natalie!"
(Is she going to be okay? She hit her head on the counter and blanked out, all because of Natalie!)
Upon hearing Lana's angry voice, my eyelids fluttered and my eyes opened slightly and I immediately flinched when a pair of white, bright lights  blinded me.

"Garrett! She's waking up come quick!" Bria exclaimed excitedly. When my eyes had adjusted to the light I opened them fully and looked around. I saw Bria, Lana and Lydia looking at me, then the door opened and in rushed Garrett and one of the pack doctors. 
"Thank goodness she's awake," Garrett sank down on my bed and stroked my head carefully.
"Hey you feeling okay?" he asked softly.

"Where...where am I?" I moaned groggily.
"When Natalie grabbed your hair and flung you forward, you hit your head on the edge of the counter. You blacked out for a while, Garrett came and saw you lying on the floor and we rushed you to the infirmary," Lana explained.
I nodded slightly as my memories can't rushing back to me.

Then a thought occured to me and I gasped and sat upright.
"The flowers! The Picasso! The arrangements for the Gala! What... what happened? Is everything in order? My father will  kill me when he finds out everything is still not done, what time is it? Is it 3:00 or 4:00-" I was just rambling on and on I know, but I was frantic.
"Calm down Artemis! You'll give yourself a heart attack," Lydia scolded lightly as she gently pushed me back down on the bed.

"But the preparations for the Gala! They aren't done yet, father is gonna have my head!" I moaned.
"Everything's taken care of. The flowers and Picasso are already here, the casserole and desert is in the oven, and the dresses have just arrived," Bria said soothingly.
"Thank Goddess," I sighed and placed my hand on my head. Then something else occured to me.

"Natalie's water from Ashton Lake! Does she have it, she asked me to get it," I was once again rambling and everyone shook their heads and laughed.
"The spoiled brat has her water, she and her assistants are having their own little makeover upstairs," Lana said snickering slightly.

"Artemis you had a mild head injury, you need to rest. I'm sure your father will relieve you of your omega duties for the evening. Go home and get some rest," the doctor whose name was Betty said kindly.
"There's no need Doctor, I feel fine. I just bumped my head that's all," I said.
"No you didn't, you had a near concoction!" Bria objected.

"Even so, I need to attend the Gala tonight, if I don't I'll get in trouble, even though I'm an omega, I'm still the Alpha's daughter," I insisted.
"But Artemis you have an injury, you need rest," Garrett tried to convince me to rest but I wasn't about to listen.
"Garret I know you're just looking out for me, but I have to go. Thanks for bringing me here and looking after me," I said gratefully.

Just as I was about to climb out of bed, I got a sharp pain in my head.
"You insolent child! Where are you?! You have work to do, get your lazy ass up here this instant," my father yelled through the mindlink.
I rubbed my temples to soothe the pain and mindlinked him back.
"Forgive me Alpha, I was held up. I am arriving now," the

I quickly shut off the mindlink and walked out of the room without another word.
Bria, Lana, Garrett and Lydia followed me out if the infirmary. We walked in silence through the courtyard and when we reached the packhouse, Garrett and Lydia went to their own personal cottage. Apparently they decided that the packhouse wasn't right for them to live so Garrett requested a cottage for him and Lydia. The Beta's quarters upstairs would be cleaned and used for some other purpose.

Bria, Lana and me went to the kitchen. Bria checked on the casserole and desert in the oven, while the dresses for the she wolves were rolled from the dining hall and carried upstairs by Lana. I looked in the mirror in the dining hall and groaned at the sight of my appearance. There was a dark purple mark on my face, just above my left eyebrow, my hair was a mess, there were dark circles under my eyes and I looked worse for wear.
Typical.

I combed my fingers through my hair to give it some order, then I took some water from the sink, splashed it on my face and dried it with a paper towel. I had a scrunchie in my pocket so I tried my hair up and brushed my clothes off.
Feeling slightly better I took a deep breath and walked upstairs to the Alpha's Chambers where father and mother were waiting for me.

I knocked on the door and waited for a response.
"Come in," my father said curtly.
I pushed the door open and stepped in. When I reached where they were, I immediately bowed my head.  My father was sitting on the couch in their living room, mother was on his lap, running her fingers through his hair. I closed my eyes for a moment to collect myself then I raised my head and looked directly at them.

"Alpha, Luna, you called me?" I asked politely.
Mother moved off of father's lap and sat next to him on the couch.  Straightening up, father took a glass from the table, poured some whisky and took a sip.
"As you know tonight is the night where Alpha Marcus holds a very prominent, well-known gala once every five years to celebrate the alliance forged between the Emerald Guardians Pack and the Shining Cosmos Pack," he began.

"Yes I am aware of this Alpha," I said.
"Good. Now this Gala is very special to Alpha Marcus. He wishes to find his mate, and hopes she would be present in the gala," father continued as he cradled his drink in his hand.
"Of course,"
"Since you are my daughter-as much as that reality pains me- you will be present at the gala, not as an omega, but as my daughter,"

"I'm not sure I follow Alpha, I am an omega, my title was stripped from me when I became one," I said softly.
"True, but just for tonight. I am going  to give you back your title. I can't have people wondering why the daughter of Alpha Lucius has the scent of an omega can I?" he asked sweetly.
I felt the sting.
"Of course not Alpha," I said meekly.

"Very well then. I, Alpha Lucius of Emerald Guardians Pack, hereby restore your title and give you, Artemis Terry, all the rights of an Alpha's daughter," he said in his alpha voice.
I closed my eyes when I felt a tingly sensation spiralling from the top of my head, down my spine and to my feet. My title has officially been restored. I felt so much stronger now and Caroline howled ecstatically when she too felt the sensation of her title being restored.

"Thank you Alpha," I said gratefully.
"And yes, no need to call me alpha, you'll be doing that in the gala and people will be wondering what kind of treatment you get here. You may call me father or whatever. But just for tonight," he said as he drained his glass.

Tears of joy ran down my cheeks and I screamed inwardly. Even if it was just for tonight, I was going to be deemed something other than omega. I was ecstatic!
"May I go for a run to relax my muscles? Everything has been done for the gala," I said.
"The flowers?"
"In the kitchen,"
"The Picasso?"
"In the dining hall, wrapped and ready,"
"The casserole and desert?"
"Cooling off on the kitchen counter,"

Very well then you may go. Be back in time for the gala," father said as he rose and prepared to leave the room with mother.
"Of course Alph- I mean of course... Father," I replied, trying to keep my joy intact.
Then I turned and fled out of the Alpha's Chambers, down the stairs and out the front door.
I shifted in midair and made a beeline to the woods.

My speed, my sense of smell and my strength had returned and I was thrilled with the feeling.
My title had been restored and I couldn't be happier.