Awkward

"So you brought a random stranger from the side of the road, into our home," The sheriff whisper yelled, at Stiles not waking up Hope.

"So what was I just supposed to do, just leave her there?" Stiles asked his father,"You know how dangerous this place can get," Stiles said while gesturing around him.

"Have you stopped to think that she might be supernatural."

Stiles opened his mouth to retort, but then he closed it remembering, the shock he felt when they touched.

"You already think she's supernatural don't you?" Stilinski asked.

"Maybe . . . I don't know," Stiles told him,"But what I do know is that she needed help and so I offered."

"What do you mean she needed help?"

"Hope's boyfriend left her for her friend.  And I heard her crying in middle of the night about her parents," Stiles said, and his dad's expression turned to sympathy.

"Fine but I'll gonna run a background check on her."

Time Skip

Hope woke up to the smell of bacon sizzling on a hot skillet.  Hope sat up and stretched remembering the night before.

Hope took in the surroundings of her room, not being able to last night because she was to tired.  It was simple, having a bed in the center of the room, a three drawer dresser against the wall next to the door, a closet with empty hangers, and a night stand beside her bed.

Hope stretched feeling the soreness in her body, before she got up out of bed and walked out following the smell of bacon.

Hope turned a corner to reveal Stiles by the stove, spatula in hand.

Stiles turned around to see Hope,"Morning," He told her.

"Morning."

"Uhh do you like bacon?" Stiles asked awkwardly.

Hope laughed,"Yeah.  I don't know many people who don't, besides vegetarians," She said while wrinkling her nose.

Stiles nodded in agreement.

Stiles looked away from the bacon for one second, and his hands sparked with power, making the stove catch on fire.

"HOLY SHIT," Stiles yelled jumping back from the burning stove.

Hope waved her hand, while muttering,"Adiuuatur," causing the fire to go out like it was never there.

"Uhh that just happened," Stiles said eyes wide.

"I won't say anything if you won't," Hope told him while pretending to be shocked, and in truth she was a little bit, she was wondering how the fire was caused.

"Okay . . . agreed," Stiles said voice a bit higher than normal.

After cleaning up the soot they finally sat down.

"So, how long are you planning on staying?" Stiles asked her while trading out the bacon for cereal.

"I don't know.  Maybe I could go to school here," Hope said thinking out loud.

"Okay maybe I could introduce you to some people," Stiles suggested,"Give you a good start."

Hope nodded in thanks,"I'll be fine."

Stiles nodded back and a awkward silence settled in.

"So uhh how are you getting settled in?  Do you need anything?" Stiles asked a little awkwardly.