introduction

Hey everybody! I'm Mer and this is a book of my poetry. I had dreams of being a writer when I was really young, but I grew out of the confidence I once had in my work. That started to change when I entered adulthood.

My first year of college was one full of loss, loss of innocence and loss of life. I found myself so full of every emotion imaginable and sometimes all these words and phrases danced around in my head and I just had to get them out somehow. So, I started writing poems. The words I write are part of the aftermath of the grief and trauma I held and continue to hold inside my heart. I didn't share them at first, except on birthdays and anniversaries. But recently I've found myself surrounded by people who have encouraged and supported and affirmed me in my work.

So here is a thank you to those who have gotten me to this point in life:

Thank you to thirstymalfoy and nyx-malfoy , my wattpad mothers, my writing inspirations, without whom I would never have had the courage to do this.

Thank you to beyondthesee , my poetry queen, who never makes me feel less than or like I have to compete.

Thank you to sirenei , my wattpad wife.

Thank you to z0escamander , helloimthecoochieman , and ripceddyd , my wattpad children.

Thank you to dracosringholder , whose opinion I care about more than I probably should.

Thank you to ronweasleyyyyy , whose thoughtfulness and compassion for her friends and their work never seems to end.

Thank you to lolhiloool , who I eerily share many separate yet similar traumatic experiences, and whose life gives me hope that I am never alone.

Thank you to malfoysxstyles , my accidental coworker, who likes my writing even when I cannot.

Thank you to Vikaitaly , my best friend of 12 years, who I have grown up, grown apart, and grown back together with. Thank you for being my first friend in the Harry Potter fandom and for never giving up on me.

I will be adding themes at the start of every poem to serve as a form of trigger or content warning. Although this will offer my intention behind the piece, you are free to interpret each poem as you like and as it resonates with you.

I am not promising regular or frequent updates as I am a full-time college student and a sufferer of writers' block, but I can guarantee that every word I publish I felt to the full. I will post as I write, and I will write as I experience. I cannot thank you enough for reading and for being here.