sequel: chapter twenty-one

I got into the car and Jax drove us as fast as he could without getting in trouble

I got into the car and Jax drove us as fast as he could without getting in trouble. We did not need to waste any more time.

Jax and I didn't even get dressed, we were both wearing sweatpants and a hoodie.

We went through the front desk, having them take our pictures and all that other stuff you have to do as a visitor in the school.

We get guided from security into the office where Journey is seated in the corner with her arm crossed and her lips pouted.

"Journey," I said sternly.

She looks up, with the same look on her face and gets up marching over to us. "I have a reason."

"And your--" I get cut off by the principal opening her door.

"Mr. Monroe." She greets with a smile on her face. She looks over to me, "Good to see you again." She puts her hand out.

I grabbed it shaking it, "I wish it was under better circumstances."

"Me too. We have kept Journey out here because the parents of her classmate wanted that until you arrived."

"That's fine," Jax says. She motions for us to enter her office. The parents of her classmate glared at us as we walked in.

I can clearly tell that they are some mean judgmental people.

Great, I already know how this is gonna work out.

"Brynn, Jax meet Portia and Michael the parents of Karen." Mrs. Lina says. "These are Journey's parents.

I bit back a laugh at the name 'Karen.'

I'm sorry, I can't help it.

"You two are unbelievably young," Michael says with a hint of judgment in his tone.

Jax just gives him the stink eye, not saying anything else. Every time we go out we always get those comments so we were used to hearing them. I usually don't pay any mind but Jax still gives people dirty looks.

I don't blame him, it gets annoying when you're constantly being judged.

"So as the teacher explained to me, Karen has been calling Journey names all morning. I'm not sure if they were playing but Karen did make the first hit." She explains.

"Well, that's because she kept telling me to hit her first." Karen whines, crossing her arms.

Her hair was spread out in every direction possible while Journey's bun was now a regular ponytail.

Good one Juni.

"I'd like for this disobedient child to get removed from this school and away from my child. She is a psychotic, deranged child." Portia says pointing her fingers in my face.

Self control, Brynnley. You're not in high school, you're an adult. You will not fight an ugly hag in Journey's presence. 

I grabbed her hand gently and pushed it down. "My child is not psychotic or deranged so if you call her that again I'll show you what psychotic and deranged looks like." I gave her a nice yet not so nice smile while Jax muffles his laughter.