CHAPTER •°• one

Hello, apparently I cannot stick with one fandom, so here's a marauders era fic. Also, it is a part of a 30 day writing challenge, so I'm going to post daily. Hopefully I will succeed.

°•○•°

      REMUS NEVER LIKED group projects on Herbology. Like... he loved his friends, he considered their jokes funny and the time that he spent with them was almost always worth breaking the rules and then getting detention, but...

Well, he also liked education. Especially that it was his seventh year in Hogwarts and he really did think that learning Herbology was more important than James's heart problems.

Didn't matter that he probably wouldn't mind any of that if not for the fact that just the day before McGonagall stopped him after a lesson and told him that 'he was smart and collected and she trusted him, especially that he was a prefect, but he should also consider sitting away from his friends during the lessons cause they seem to distract him'.

Remus wasn't going to do that, obviously, but he also felt a twinge of guilt when he thought about his upcoming NEWTs and his possible lack of required knowledge when it came to passing them.

"...and so I've decided that I need to change my tactics if it comes to Evans." Finished finally James, who - caught up in his monologue - was pretending to dig in the ground for almost five minutes now.

"And I thought you were over that... I mean her." Said Sirius rolling his eyes and then glancing at Remus with a gaze that probably meant something like 'here goes another half an hour of our lives'.

"Really?" James sighed and finally gave up his try to even so much as pretend to do something. "How long have we known each other? Seven years?" He shook his head and added with an over dramatic voice. "You act like you were merely my acquaintance, while you're almost like my brother." He stated and Sirius took a deep breath.

"That's some heavy stuff, right there." Commented Peter, who - along with Remus - was actually more focused on the lesson, at least until now.

Sirius nodded his head with agreement.

"Okay." He said despite that. "Then what kind of elaborate tactics did you come up with?" He asked and James swallowed, his smile right back on his face.

"Why did you do that?" Remus huffed under his breath, his voice ironic. "Now he won't stop until like dinner time." He commented and James squinted his eyes.

"Don't you say stuff like that or I'll keep talking about it until bedtime." He threatened him and Remus laughed slightly at that, accompanied by Sirius's silent huff.

"He ain't kiddin'." Sirius commented in his cowboy accent, leaning on his shovel and glanced at Remus blinking at him slightly. "You better listen or you'll be dead before noon." He said, on which Moony answered.

"It's noon already." He pinpointed, but Sirius only shrugged and, correcting his imaginary cowboy hat, answered.

"It's always before noon where I come from." He nodded his head, keeping up the cowboy facade. "Yeah, where I come from sometimes it's the middle of the night, but then suddenly someone shots and boom! It's before noon again! And then we have to go and fetch cows even though we should be sleeping. And once it was evening, but my grandfather died from a heart attack and bam! It was noon again." He finished finally and Remus answered, trying to hold back his laughter.

"You come from Islington, do you want to tell me you had cows on Grimmauld Place?" He asked, but Sirius only shook his head, though it was visible that it was getting hard for him not to laugh.