[Connor Drabble]

Prompts: B43. "We're friends, you can tell me anything." and B51. "I think I'm in love... with you."

Word count: 424

Connor had been weird for days. Hank had to snap him out from his daze at work on several occasions, and he had sent him over to your house to "keep watch on the boy" because he was worried about him. Hank, the second of the worst android-haters, was worried about his android-work partner.

But Connor was special. Sometimes it even felt like he wasn't a machine, but a human being. That's why you liked him so much, you even thought him as a friend... and a little more than that too.

And now there he was, sitting on your sofa and watching TV as you made yourself some hot cocoa to enjoy while watching a movie.

"Something has been bothering me, Y/N." Connor suddenly said as you were making your way back to the couch and he closed his eyes. "I'm not sure if it's a good thing."

You sat down on the sofa with him. "What is it?"

He shook his head. "I... I don't know if... I should say it."

"We're friends, you can tell me anything." you reassure him, taking a hold of his hand and you see his led blinking yellow as he looked at your hand. "Connor?"

"I think I'm deviating." he muttered, furrowing his eyebrows as he looked at you.

You cocked your head at him. "Why do you think that?"

"Because I... I think I'm in love... with you." he finally confessed and looked at you nervously, as your lips parted in surprise and his led started to blink dark yellow. "I'm unable to accomplish my mission. I'm going to be destroyed."

You blinked, finally fully registering what he was saying and you quickly brought your hand to his cheek. "Hey, hey, hey... it's ok. You won't be destroyed. I won't let it happen."

He seemed to calm down a bit at that, his led turning to blink between blue and yellow again. He felt a little bit safer while you were holding his cheek like that, and a warm feeling was bubbling inside you too. You had had feelings for Connor for a while, sure, but you had never thought he'd be able to reciprocate them. And it wouldn't be possible to be together now as all androids who had even the slightest hint of deviancy were destroyed.

But when all of this would be over, when androids would be embraced as a part of society - you'd maybe be able to be with him. You wouldn't have to be afraid anymore. You'd be free.