I love my cat

Y/n's pov

"Y/n-chan, what a pleasant surprise," Oikawa says as he lets me into the house. "Ushiwaka told the group chat you were running away, but I never expected for myself to be the chosen one."

"Well, consider yourself lucky," I say.

Wakatoshi probably expected that I'd go to someone's house, and I'm sure that Oikawa will tell the group chat that I'm here. But this is just temporary.

"So how long do you think you'll be hanging around here?" he asks. "Hmm?"

"I don't know," I shrug sitting down on the couch. "A few weeks maybe."

"Weeks? Oh no Y/n-chan, your brother will get too worried," he says. "Then he'll show up at my house."

Well good, because when you go to school tomorrow I'm blowing this joint.

"Just get your parents to call the cops on him," I say. "I don't care."

"Don't say that," he says. "I may hate your brother, but I know you don't. He loves you, you're like his favourite person."

"I'm a nuisance," I say.

"Now who told you that? Don't say that about yourself, he says.

"Wakatoshi did," I say. "Makes sense though."

"What about your boyfriend?" he asks. "Ushiwaka says that you're trying to avoid him, what's that about?"

"Nothing," I say. "I'm dealing with it."

"He says that you're planning to break up with him," he says. "I don't think you should do that, you two are so cute together."

"I never said that I was," I sigh. "Wakatoshi is just on something this week."

"I think he's just worried for you," he says.

"Yeah I know," I say. "But I don't care."

"I bet he's just trying that tough love stuff," he assures me. "But probably just he probably just went overboard with it."

"Yeah overboard," I scoff.

"Tough love just probably isn't something that works for you," he says. "I'm sure you can talk it out with him, then everything will be all good again."

"I'm gonna go to bed Toru," I say. "And I'm sure you're right, Wakatoshi and I will work it out."

"That's the spirit," he smiles. "Rest up, and in the morning I'll make pancakes before I go to school."

"Yeah, sounds good," I say. "See you in the morning."

-

"Good morning Y/n-chan!" Oikawa practically yells. "How was your sleep?"

"It was fine," I yawn.

"Come now to the kitchen," he says as he basically drags me out of the room. "I made you some food."

"Thanks," I say. "Why are you yelling?"

"Because today is the day where we all forget about any internal issues were dealing with," he smiles. "And we're all gonna be happy and such."

"You sound like a yoga instructor," I say. "It's weird."

"The only weird thing here is you," he says. "How about I take you to Shiratorizawa before I go to school? In-person is way better than online."

"I'm not going there, Wakatoshi's just going to end up dragging me back home," I say. "And I don't want to talk to him."

"What exactly did he say to you?" he asks. "How mean was he?"

"You're gonna be late for school," I say. "You should go."

"I can spare a few minutes," he says glancing down at his watch. "Okay maybe like ten seconds."

"Go, bruv," I say. "I'll be fine, we can talk when you get back from school, I promise."

"Okay fine," he says. "Don't go anywhere."

"I won't," I say. "Bye."

"Bye," he says before quickly leaving.

*ring*

"Hello is this Rebecca Bradley?" the lady on the other end of the phone says.

"This is she," I say.

"Perfect, this is just a call to confirm your online reservation," she says. "Eleven am is still fine for you?"

"Yes, that's perfect," I say. "Thanks again for confirming."

"Of course," she says. "We hope to see you soon."

"Thank you," I say before hanging up.

Despite what you may think, it is perfectly legal to make a hotel reservation under a different name, as long as you show real identification at the front desk.

Oh wow, I wonder what will happen next.

-Crouton