☆are

aster's pov

aster's pov

"Speak of the devil." Ashtray mentioned as he pointed my direction. Were they talking about me?

Fezco's back was turned towards me so he turned his neck to see.

A smile quickly taking over him. "Hey Fez." I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to my face.

"Hey Aster." He smiled into the kiss. That smile brightened my day.

"Thats my cue to leave." Ashtray gagged dramatically while heading to the back room.

"How was your day?" I felt him carry me up to the register counter.

"I dont want to talk about it." i groaned as i started to go in for another kiss. This one being longer and more heated.

"We gotta stop before a customer shows up." he interrupted the moment by stepping back.

"Nooo." i pouted as i pulled him back. "I need you right now." I never thought i'd ever be in a situation where i was being clingy. I hated clingy. Clingy men made me feel weird on the inside. And now i'm catching myself be clingy towards Fez. Who even am i? 

I bet if he was being clingy with me I'd run away. That's probably why i'm obsessed with him, because he isn't clingy.

What was it about you that made me want all of you? I couldn't tell you. Not because I don't want to say, but because i don't know what I would say.

Did you like wish on a shooting star that i'd fall in love with you or something? Because it was working. I couldn't quite explain why i fell for you.

"Later I want to take you out... okay?" Fez lit one of his blunts and took a hit before offering it.

"Take me out?.... as in kill me?" I said jokingly which caused him to laugh.

"No stupid." He playfully shook his head. "Like take you somewhere."

"Damn Fez. If you wanted to take me on a date just say that." I smirked at him playfully while taking a hit of his blunt.

"I just did."  he smirked to himself.

"Where you taking me?" I smiled at him as he shook his head.

"Not tellin. That will kill the whole vibe." He laughed.

"Fez where are we?" i squeezed his hand nervously as we walked on some trail. 

"I'm taking you to the spot. Now shut up." he laughed as he squeezed my hand back as reassurance  and led me the way.

The sun was about to set and it looked beautiful.

It took like 20 minutes to get to the spot Fez was talking about.

There was a bench and by the bench there was a lake. The sky reflected onto the surface. Creating a blue and pink mixture. It made me want to jump in.

"This is my thinking spot." is all he said while we sat on the bench and stared at the lake.

"I like it because i could just stare at the water and it would feel like there were two skies. It feels unreal." i glanced over at him and i swear his smile was brighter than ever before.

I didn't say anything.

I just leaned my head on his shoulder and admired his happy place. He seemed so much more relaxed here. The fact that he wanted to show me it made my heart warm up.

"Hey Aster?" He whispered softly as he held onto both hands.

"Yes?"

"I don't know how to say this... so ima just say it. I really fucking like you."

When you said 'like' instead of 'love'... that's what made me fall.

We both mutually felt the same about that word. Love was something we both felt but didn't feel obligated to say. I liked you too.

More than ever could imagine.

Saying we liked each other was our way of saying I love you. And that was fine with the both of us.

I felt attached to you not based on looks or popularity. But based on the fact that we both have a hard time being vulnerable. This was our way of opening up.

"I like you too."

—sweeteasaint

omg i hit 4k!

thank you guys so much for reading and voting and putting my book in your reading lists. none of this goes unnoticed and i appreciate every single one of you. 🤍

 🤍