..Not Again..

Xiao has been avoiding me for 3 days straight now. I understand Morax's passing is hard on him, but i want to help. This is exactly what Baal did when father passed.

This is what destroyed my family.

I hit another hillichurl square in the face sending them flying.

"Y/n! Y/n! Geuss what i found!" I turn to see Dusky jumping up and down. I finish off the last two hillichurls and walk over to her.

"What did you find Dusky?"

"I have to show you! Come on come on!!" She runs off with me chasing after her.

~~~
After atleast 45 minutes of walking, climing, swiming, and trying not to die. Dusky stoped, I look around we are at the top of a mountain. Its gorgeous,

I sit down on a conveniently placed rock, as Dusky looks out

"We are almost there!" I look at her, this wasn't the destination? She starts to scail down the mounten, and I carfully follow. Just a little ways down Dusky stoped and pointed to a flower.

"This! Isnt it pretty? Y/n you should put it in your hair." I look from the flower to Dusky. Flowers have such a short lifetime, I find it cruel to shorten it more by plucking it from its place amungst the hills. But I had never seen a flower like this, then again these must me native to Liyue. I smile, bending over a plucking it from its stem. Placing it behind my ear.

"So pretty!! Come on we gatta so mister!" Dusky ran off again I laugh at her energy. Following closely behind.

When we arive back at Wangshu inn Dusky runs up to the balcony, me following. That is till i heard Verr call out to me.

"Y/n I'm not serten if I'm just imagining it or not, but Xiao seems very on edge lately. Do you perhaps know why?" I shake my head no, at the Decention, those who attend, once cleard of suspension, were sworn to secrecy. "Well no matter, could you take this to him?" She hands me a box of what I beleave to be Almond Tofu. I nod following Dusky up the stairs. She waited at the top with a slight frown.

"Mister isnt here, I wonder where he went off to? Im gunna go look! You stay here in case he comes back!" I smile as the child phantom runs off.

"Whats bothering you Xiao? If you would let me know perhaps I could help.." I voice my thoughts outloud leaning on the balcony railing. Just a few says ago we had a tickl war, and i saw him laugh, although slightly, for the first time.

I replay the scene in my head. This really is just like back then. The sudden disconnect, the secrecy, the loss of hope.

I feel a tear run down my face as i rember my father. More specifically how he died.

~~~

"Come on Y/n just a little spark! You can do it!" I was a measly 10 years old, as my father tryed to teach me the power of electro. Against my mother wishes, he wasent very good at it, being a Cryo user and all. But he tryed.

"I cant do it papa. I'll never be as strong as mother." I pouted, when i was a child i wanted to be just like my mother, Baal. Strong, dignified, funny, caring.

"Sure you will sugerplum, just think about it this way." My father sat in the grass beside me holding my tiny hands in his. "Every storm was once a single droplet of water. Right know, you may only have a dropplet, but before long you will be a storm" he picks me up swinging me in the air like a bird.

I laughed, so care free. Thats when it happened. Within the palace walls, and arrow flew hitting my father in the arm, forcing him to drop me. At the time i didnt know what was happening. But now I release, someone had sent an assassin. Not after my father, but after me.

I dont remember much from that night, just blood, a lot of blood, and purple lightning. When i think back I see two men, laying on the ground dead before me. A ten year old child. One was my father who moments before held me tightly in his arms, the other, his murder, and the one standing, had killed them both. I had killed them both, not intentionally, of course.

If I hadn't been there, my father would have lived, my mother would have never given into the thought of Eternity. I would be dead instead.

If I hadn't been there that man who shot and killed my father, could go back to his family, unscathed and payed, for a job well done.

My mother could nevef look me in the eye again, not to this day. She alwasy knew it was my fault, I had dragged my father out there to teach me, my mother knew that. The only thing not burned to ashes was my fathers small bandana he wore it proud saying

"its the symbol of our people. Our strength." I held onto it, thats all I had. My mother never came to the funeral. She never even spoke of him after. She ignored me as though I were a pesky bug on the wall.

I spend a year in denial, thinking she was just desrot, and would come back to me and appoligise any moment. Then another year passed, and another, till I was 15. She called me to her office, I was serten this was it. She's going to apologize and we will be a family again.

"Child." Thats odd she didnt call me by my name. "

"Here are your new rules." She handed a stack of papers to a Bakufu who handed them to me. "Now leave."

I left, sgill with hope that thease new rules would show she still cared.

~~~

Rules:

1. Never call me mother again.

~~~
I had to do a lot of work today so expect another chapter today just because i need some writing to life again