l a f d

TW ~ Blood, Gore, Minor Panic Attack

Dream's POV:

When the portal closed behind him, he felt a pang of guilt, before shaking his head and walking to his old home. He pulled his backpack that was slung over his shoulder off, and carefully placed it on the ground next to him. 

It was packed with only a couple of important things to him, the broken mask, a picture of himself and Tommy, a picture of him, Sapnap, and George, and a couple of other small trinkets. 

Demons stared at him as he stepped into the king's courtyard, here for one thing only. 

His throne back.

The demons who guarded the king's castle took his message inside, as Dream's eyes scanned the area. He really was doing this, wasn't he?

It confused him when a less-than-average height kid walked out from the castle doors. He wore a jesters suit, along with a beanie that clashed with this entire outfit. The letters L A F and D were embroidered into the rim of the beanie, and Dream could only wonder what it stood for.

But the main thing Dream noticed was that he also had a mask with a smile on it, except his was pure white, and the expression was composed of blocks, not squares. The jester pulled his mask up, over his beanie, and Dream took notice of his face. He looked serious, but also... also didn't. One of the jester's eyes, the right one, was white, whereas the other one was dark black.

The jester walked closer and closer to Dream, looking him up and down, to the point where Dream wanted to back up, but he didn't. He stood his ground and looked down at the guy. He was short and young, probably still a child, but he was still intimidating.

"You're the one challenging me man?" the voice said with a surprised laugh.

"You're the king?" Dream asked confused. This wasn't the man that had challenged him last time, the man that ruined Dream's life.

"Ah yes, the new king. The old one vanished, something about voices in his head. I'll be honest with you man, he was kinda crazy, what with his pig mask and stuff," the jester laughed. 

"Then who are you?" Dream asked, standing his ground.

"Once he left, I took the lead, just smooth-talked the demons here. But I'll be honest with you man, this boring" the jester said, his voice low and menacing, but also with a hint of laughter mixed into it. The voice sent chills down Dream's spine.

The jester took a step forward, and Dream stepped back. 

"Oh I'll give you the kingship man, I won't fight you man," he said, whispering to Dream and taking another step forward. Dream looked him in the eyes, which were narrowed. The jester's face had a smirk.

"You won't fight me?" Dream asked, both confused and scared.

"I won't fight you, but I won't make it easy for you either," the jester said vaguely, pulling his mask over his face, replacing his terrifying smirk with a dorky smile.

The jester turned his face away from Dream staring at the wall, waiting for the horn to signify the start of the battle.

Dream had his hand on his knife, waiting for the second. When the loud horn blared through the courtyard, the jester's head snapped towards Dream.

He slowly pulled off his mask, and Dream realized the jester... wasn't the jester anymore. It was Tommy.

"Kill me Dream," Tommy said, staring at the knife. "Stab me Dream, kill me as you did already, kill me Dream. I want to die Dream, life with you was terrible" 

Dream froze, his hands hovering over the knife. 

"Come on Dream, kill me. You're getting your throne back, wasn't this the whole point of taking me in... in the first place? Kill me Dream. Stab me"

"I DONT WANT TO" Dream shouted at the boy, letting go of the knife. "I never wanted to kill you, Tommy, it was an accident, I didn't mean to use my powers, I lost control over them!"

"I don't think that Dream, I think you did it because you hate me Dream. Stab me." 

Tommy's words swirled through Dream's head, and his heart raced. The boy didn't believe him, he didn't believe him. He couldn't get air in, and he gasped for a breath. Dream couldn't be having a panic attack, not now, not here.

"It's not Tommy" Dream whispered to himself. 

"But I am Tommy? What you don't remember me? I remembered you, Dream why don't you remember me?"

"YOU AREN'T TOMMY" Dream shouted, punching the child in the stomach. Tommy's expression flashed in horror and soon faded back into someone else. 

 "Dream, I hate you. I hate you so much. You are a terrible person, you hurt the one child I loved, your a monster" George's voice echoed to him.

"You aren't George" he whispered.

"I am George, remember that time just you and I went to the park that morning and told no one? It's me Dream, I hate you. I loved you, now I hate you" George shouted.

"How do you know that," he asked George. Only George knew about that day.

"Because I'm George, kill me Dream, Kill me now." Dream covered his ears, but George's voice echoed in his head.

"I can't do this" Dream whispered to himself in defeat, shoving his hands into his pockets. and George laughed, turning back into the jester Dream had started fighting.

But the moment the man turned back into his original form, Dream took advantage of the situation and stabbed him, enough so he'd fall and collapse, but not enough so he'd die. He had questions for this man.

The demons in the audience stared at the fallen jester, who was laughing. 

"Guess you are worthy of the throne, but it looks like I know your weaknesses now."

Dream crouched down. "What are you?" he asked.

"We'll get me healed up, and I'll talk, King Dream."

King Dream.

It hit him.

He had won.

He considered getting rid of the mask he wore over his face. The demons here already knew who he was. The jester smirked, before snapping his fingers. 

Dreams face felt lighter. 

"My mask?" Dream stared with wide eyes at the jester.

"You wanted to get rid of it, didn't you King Dream?" he smirked. 

Dream turned to the jester in complete horror, before turning to the castle guards.

"Heal him, then bring him to me. I want to have a talk."

Also, according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of people who read my book vote on the story. So if u end up enjoying this story, consider voting, it's free and u can always unvote later enjoy the story #VotePrime

Love you all :)