Lemongrass and Sleep

I hope you guys don't mind a little gender bending. :,)

Frankie was in the midst of an existential crisis. Perhaps she exaggerated the situation in her mind for it see far more dramatic than the actuality of it, knowing a secure person wouldn't have such trouble figuring it out, but Frankie tended to be the most dramatic person on the planet. Every minor inconvenience had a detrimental effect on her frail heart and her anxious behavior, and when she wailed to her best friends about her dilemmas, they came to her aid with rolling eyes and long sighs while they stroked her hair and pampered her back to a placid state.

The issue was probably the worst she'd ever come across, however, because her entire identity balanced on a fine line above cascading waters rushing at a violent speed. Suddenly, everything Frankie knew about herself because questionable, thrown through a loop where she felt like a stranger in her own skin. The conflicting thoughts racing through her restless mind caused her to lose precious sleep, to the point where she wondered how much longer she'd be plagued with a situation she had no idea how to resolve. The dilemma was within herself, a case of searching for what she truly desired out of life and where her heart rested, but there was no way for an eighteen year old to figure it all out when she barely survived the stress of applying for colleges. Even that seemed simple in comparison. Choosing a career wasn't nearly as challenging as relearning herself in such a short time frame.

Frankie's life was ideal before the storm struck. She was a young and attractive girl mastering the art of rock and roll with every instrument she could get her hands on, trotting across a football field by night in a peppy striped skirt matching the school colors, kissing boys and never settling with one to keep up with the thrill of being desired. It was a selfish human need to feel wanted, and Frank relished in it, like an urge she couldn't shrink down. Frankie had loyal friends she'd known since kindergarten, and all of them searched for something similar in life; music and success. Frankie had a perfect standing GPA landing her repetitive honor roll certificates, her parents absolutely adored her, and her ancient dog Sweet Pea she had since she was six was somehow still sluggishly pattered up and down the stairs, sleeping beside her at night to keep her company and provide her warmth layers of blankets couldn't exude. There wasn't an existing flaw in Frankie's life and she was content, minus the inevitable teenage angst arriving with trivial problems that seemed like the end of the world to her, mostly because she was partially spoiled by being graced with an easygoing lifestyle.

Then, on a day where Frankie was completely unsuspecting, the clouds suddenly knitted together in menacing blurs of gray engulfing her blue skies, swallowing up the radiant sunshine warming her skin. The thunder rumbled hidden under the blanket of storm clouds, and when lightening struck the ground, the earth beneath Frankie's feet never ceased its shaking. It began to split, an impending doom leaping right towards her, while the goddess responsible for the destruction of Frankie's world stared her right in the eye.

A new yet familiar girl moved back into town to live with her mother instead of her father who lived a few cities over. She was Mikey Way's sibling, an older sister transferring schools for her senior year, starting fresh for a reason unknown to the students murmuring the very little known facts about the girl shared reluctantly by her brother. They snorted haughtily at her name, Geralyn, and the girls were quick to slander her sense of effortless confidence, taking it as a threat it seemed from the way they viewed it. To them, she was conceited and harbored a strong probability of 'slutting it up' with the boys once she settled in. Frankie rolled her eyes when she caught onto the whispers in the locker room and sharply snapped her fingers at them, slamming them back down to reality by calling their misogynistic comments hypocritical for a bunch of girls who claimed to be feminists. She marched off to Art Appreciation class with their stares drilling into her back and a winning smirk faintly splayed on her face.