Chapter Twelve D2: Chapter One

Reese's P

Reese's P.O.V

          "Mal, please, over here! Mal!"

           "Only three days to the Royal Cotillion. Ever think a girl like you would be Lady of the Court? Reese, how do you feel about officially becoming a princess of Onderland?" Let me back up a minute. After us V.K's chose good, it was decided that I am now officially royalty. Let me tell you it's not all castles and balls. 

          "How does it feel to be the most envied girls in Auradon?"  

          "Well, do you like being blonde?

          "Is your mother still a lizard? Is your mother still a Hedgehog.

          "Okay. All right. Excuse me. Uh, we will let you know if and when that particular situation changes."

          "For now let the girls breathe."

          "Did you ever think you'd be with a Villain Kid?"

          "We're done here."

          "Okay. Shush, shush. Shoosh, shoosh. Shoosh, shoosh. This is still a school, so if you're here, you're either skipping or trespassing."

          "Just one quick question."

          "Shush. Shush."

          "Fairy Godmother!"

          "Shhh. Shhh. Shhh."

          "Thank you, guys."

          "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." I let out a breath.

          "Mal. Ben. Reese AIden

          "Fairy Godmother." We say together.

          "Whew."

          "Don't pay any attention to them."

          "Well, that's a lot easier said than done, right?" I nod in agreement.

          "I know. I know. You know, maybe we should do something. We should go somewhere. Get away."

          "Yeah."

          "Only if we can join you. I regret becoming a princess. I mean I am still the youngest so..."

          "Come on, I have a surprise for you." He grabs my hand and leads me away from the school. I open my eyes and go pale. A picnic is set in the gazebo at the enchanted lake. "WHat's wrong?"

          "Unlike Mal I can't go near water. It'll make me really sick. According to Jay, the last time I was puking up blood. It was nice thought, but I am so late. I promised Evie I'd help with Mal's dress." I kiss his cheek and run off.

          "Oh! Okay, Evie, I cannot breathe."

          "I'm so sorry I'm late."

          "Well, you can breathe after Cotillion. ANd it's fine. Are you alright?" I nod my head.

          "Well, I sincerely doubt that. I have at least 20 more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is."

          "Impeccable."

         "It looks great E." I compliment sitting down on my bed.

          "Evie?"

          "Hmm?"

          "Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?" 

          "That's funny. Ah! Look who's on TV."

          "Sometimes I miss it." I agree with Mal. 

          "As the royal couple continues their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine. Six months ago..."

          "Yeah."

          "No one thought King Ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last."

          "Yeah. No kidding."

          "Mal must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion... when she will officially become a Lady of the Court." Mal grabs her spell-book, and flips through it.

          "Read it fast at lightning speed. Remember everything I need."

          "Read it fast at lightning speed. Remember everything I need. Here." I gladly take it and cast the same spell.

          "I know Mal and Reese's secret to fitting in, and Ben and Aiden wouldn't like it one bit. Haven't you guys had enough secrets between the two of you already? Reese Aiden trusts you.

          "Evie, you remember what I was like before I started using my spell book. I mean, I was a complete disaster."

         "E, you know how things were going before I started using Mally's book. I was a tornado in heels."

          "Well, personally, as your best friend, I strongly believe that this spell book--"

          "Ah!" I protest as she takes it from me.

          "It belongs in the museum, along with my mirror. Don't give me the face. Put the pout away. Mm-hmm. You know I'm right."

          "You don't ever miss running wild and just breaking all the rules?"

          "Like stealing and lying and fighting?"

          "Yeah!"

          "No!"

          "What?"

          "Why would we? M, come here. Look at where we are. We're in Auradon! And we're Auradon girls now."

          "Since Mal revealed her love of strawberries, she has received hundreds of cartons from her admirers. Here she is enjoying a cozy bite..."

          "See, this is the land of opportunity. We can be whatever we want to be here. So, please, let's just leave the past in the past, okay? Besides, I mean, look at the shoes. Look at them." I chuckle.

          "Mm. Severe." 

          "Mally, I miss it. I'm tired of being an Auradon girl."

          "Me too lil' sis."