Chapter 7

Three days passed, and Arthur's state of health hardly improved. He was bedridden all day. He coughed more and more blood, and frequently had a fever.

The doctor visited him daily to administer the tonic that helped relieve the pain and lower the fever.

Luana and Angus took charge of fulfilling his responsibilities in his stead.

Seeing that the emperor's condition was getting worse, they decided to inform everyone of the seriousness of the matter, including the citizens.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

The next morning, Luana went to the office. She was dressed in a white lavalliere shirt, black pants, and a pair of black suede lace-up boots with small heels. She had gathered her hair into a high ponytail.

After she was done doing what she had to do, she picked up the mage's journal and started leafing through it.

'Right now, there's only Lucas, Uncle Angus and dad who know that I can read this writing,' she thought.

As she read the book, she saw that it contained all the informations regarding brewed potions, poisons, spells and curses that the mage himself discovered.

"Hmm ?" she stopped in front of a page that intrigued her.

┌─────── ∘◦❁◦∘ ───────┐

Today, I finally got to
concoct a new deadly potion
that I called Alickina.

It was under the orders
of the Grand Master
that I did it.

It took me months and
months to prepare it,
and the ingredients were
very difficult to find and
obtain.

Unlike normal poisons, this potion doesn't kill
instantly, but after
a long period of time.

The symptoms it displays
are hardly similar to those of poison, but rather to those
of an illness. So, it's almost impossible to suspect that a person has taken it.

These symptoms are: fatigue without cause, fever, strong cough of blood,
dizziness, excruciating pain, incredible weight loss and finally, death.

This potion can only
be cured by a single plant
called Klefasse, which only grows in the center of the
Neldor Forest.

It's almost impossible
to find it.

└─────── ∘◦❁◦∘ ───────┘

Luana put the book down and sighed heavily.

'So, if I understood correctly, someone administered a deadly potion named Alickina to mom and dad. But when ? And how ?' she thought.

A few minutes later, someone knocked on the door. It was Gardner.

"Good morning, Your Highness," he greeted, bowing.

"Good morning, Gardner."

"Your Highness, Lady Taliny is here to see you. She says it's very urgent."

Luana stayed silent for a little while.

"Send her here," she replied.

"Understood," the butler said before leaving the room.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════