Chapter 27

Xia begin to realize that Renjun wasn't really interested in the school as he listened to the different tracks and compositions, remixes of different songs. He was more interested in her skills.

"Whoa, is that Yangyang?" Renjun exclaimed as the song she had created with the male in question played.

"Yup." Xia said with a proud a smile. "He's pretty talented, isn't he?"

Renjun chuckled. "What's your deal with him anyways? You two dating yet?"

"Yah!" Xia exclaimed, only making Renjun laugh harder as she looked away, preventing him from seeing her flushed cheeks. "But yes, we are."

"Ooooh." Renjun said, smirking. "Nice."

As the song finished, Renjun pushed himself off the wall, nodding his head in approval.

"That was good Xia. Very good." Renjun told her. "If you come tonight, Yangyang might not be the only one boss approaches."

Xia tried not to let her jaw drop as she took in Renjun's words. "Are you serious?"

"I mean he's going to hear this himself." Renjun told her, smiling. "But with my experience in the music industry and considering who you are, I don't think you'll have a problem."

Xia had nothing to say as she watched Renjun check the time on his watch. "Well I need to head out to prep for tonight, but I'm guessing I'll probably see you later. Bye Xia."

Renjun giggled as Xia stared at him, leaving the recording studio. It wasn't until the door closed that she realized what he had said.

What does he mean by "who you are?"

...

Yangyang felt bad as he stayed quiet during the ride to his place, Xia sitting beside him. She asked questions a few times but he always gave her short answers.

It was clear she was frustrated by the time he parked his car in the underground garage. As he was about to exit the car, Xia grabbed onto his wrist stopping him.

"What's your problem, Yangyang?" Xia called out. "Why are you acting all cold, what did I do wrong?"

"Nothing." Yangyang said, opening the door but Xia tightened her grip.

"Is it Renjun? You've been acting this way since you saw him at school." Yangyang scoffed.

"Why are you even comparing me to him?" Yangyang noticed Xia smile from the corner of his eye and couldn't help but turn towards her. "What?"

"Did you know that you're cute when you're jealous." Xia said, taking Yangyang by surprise.

"I am not jealous!" Yangyang countered but Xia was not convinced.

"Sure you're not." Xia said, letting go of him and exiting the car. "But for your sake, I'll tell you that Renjun's not interested in me."

"How do you know?" Yangyang asked as they made their way to the elevator.

"Hm... Maybe because he was more interested in my music." Xia told him. "And he mentioned his boss hiring DJ's."

"Wait what?" Yangyang blurted out, making Xia giggle.

"Yangyang, I think this boss of theirs is going to help me achieve my dream!" Xia happily annouced. "Isn't that amazing?"

Yangyang bit his lip, seeing how happy his girlfriend was. As jealous as he was, he couldn't stay mad, letting go as he pulled Xia into his arms.

"Yes, Xia. It is amazing." Yangyang said as Xia snuggled into his chest.

"Oh that reminds me." Xia said, a twinkle in her eye as she stared up at him.