19 | Elvira

The next few days have been busy and I was focused in hopes to maybe finish the work early if I could

Knowing my profession, it just isn't possible because there is always something to take care of or that needs my attention.

I have selected the venue and Irene has already seen it and is happy with it. I got the team ready and the fabrics have been chosen, the food is yet to be selected and the cake trials are to be done today. I already contacted Kade to let him know and get Irene to come as well to the bakery. After that will be done, I will go to check the venue out and get the rest of the small details sorted.

"Yeah, sure. Get Lilah to be on this and also, the interviews with the interns are done. Tell someone to give out instructions to the selected interns." I tell Ella in the phone as I hold the coffee in my hand.

I cross the road and walk towards my car from the coffee shop. 

"Alright, tell me if anything comes up," I hang the phone up shortly and start driving towards the bakery. As soon as I pull up, I spot Zane's car along with Kade's. I take a deep breath before walking out.

I straighten my skirt that reaches my knees. A white blouse that has a deep neckline and top it off, nude pumps. The skirt has white stripes going down and it looks like it is see through but it isn't. I chose this outfit because I was feeling happy today. I only have the cake testing and then I'm done with the day. 

With a smile on my face, I walk towards the door and walk right in. I catch the eyes of a girl working here at the front desk and walk to her.

"Hey, I am here to do cake testing." I tell her and she asks for my name.

"Elvira Blake," 

"This way," I follow behind her towards a table at the back of the small bakery. It is a nice small white and pastel pink colour themed and smells of delicious desserts. Wooden tables with chairs on the right side while a whole long counter is set out on the left side with displays of the desserts they offer.

"Ms Coleen," A woman in white chef suit turns around from talking few people which I recognise as Kade, Irene and Zane. Why is Zane here?

"Yes? Oh! Elvira, welcome," she walks towards me and envelops me in a hug. 

"Did you not miss me? Will you come back to order your cake soon?" My eyes widen slightly but I keep the smile on my face. I didn't want anyone to know about it.

"I am sure Kade here would be the first person to come and get one," I laugh lightly turning to Kade and wink at him. 

Today, he has a smile on his face like nothing happened yesterday. My smile stops mid-way when I catch Zane's eyes.

Clearing my throat, I walk to Irene and give her a hug. 

"You don't understand how excited I am for taste testing. I know you picked good choices for me," I nod at her and motion Coleen to bring over the cake samples.