Chapter 28

Yangyang bit his lip as he tightened his turn, using the drifting skill he had spent a long time practicing with Ten. With this, he passed one of the cars, gaining onto the next one.

These racers were experienced, very experienced. They all belonged to different gangs, and Ten warned that they were known to play dirty.

Yangyang carefully dodged the attack one of the cars made, but it sent another one flying off the road.

That sucks, Yangyang thought as he saw the car spin before crashing into the pole of a traffic light.

Ten told him that the best thing to do in a situation like this was to drive unpredictably and get ahead of the other cars. The bigger the distance between them, the better.

I just need a gap, Yangyang thought as he narrowed his eyes, staring at the two cars that were in the lead, bumper to bumper beside each other.

He could hear sirens in the background and knew that the car that had crashed was probably within the sight of the cops, but the rest of them were already miles away from them.

The finish line was coming soon and Yangyang needed to get it together if he wanted to win. He looked around the street, hoping to find something that could help him get the lead.

Yangyang gulped as he realized what he needed to do in order to become first, and wasn't particularly eager to do it. It was a dangerous move, definitely risky, but Ten had taught it to him regardless, knowing that it might come in use one day. Today was one of those days.

Yangyang's eyes turned to a construction ramp on the side of the street, watching as the two cars in front of him.

Well, here goes nothing, Yangyang thought as he swerved his car, heading onto the ramp.

...

Xia was nervous. Very nervous. She had heard that one of the cars crashed and was begging that it wasn't Yangyang.

"Please." Xia whispered to herself as she bowed her head, clasping her hands together in front of her. "Please let him be safe. He doesn't need to win, he just needs to be safe and well."

"I mean, I suppose he doesn't need to win but he's winning right now." Xia heard Ten say from beside her, making Xia open her eyes immediately.

All she could see was two cars side by side, rushing towards the finish line. That's when she realized where Yangyang's car was.

Xia's jaw dropped as she saw Yangyang's car fly for a split second. Then it hit the ground, right in front of the other two drivers, shocking them both.

The cars behind them were a mess as they realized what had happened, desperately trying to speed past Yangyang but it was no use. He was too far ahead.

On the other hand, Yangyang kept his eyes straight in front of him, driving straight towards the finish line without a bit of hesitation.

She was shocked when Yangyang's car sped past the finish line, marking him as the winner. She joined the others as they cheered for him, his friends immediately pulling her to where he had parked.

Xia felt proud as she saw Yangyang step out of his car, smiling from ear to ear. Before she could approach him though, Ten had beat her too it, engulfing the male in a big hug and lifting him up in the air.

"Ah, my baby won! Good job baby Yangyang, you won your first big race!" Ten exclaimed proudly.

Xia could only smile as Yangyang didn't tell Ten not to call him that, hugging his mentor instead.