Sunflowers

A few weeks went by, nothing too important happened that would be relevant to this story I'm telling you. Jack and Davey are closer than ever really, Davey one in the huge friend group Jack is a part of, and happier than ever. He completely forgot his whole crush fiasco, just enjoying life as is. But Jack, yeahhh. That's a whole different story.

Davey had Jack over last night, nothing much happened there except for the popcorn fight and screaming Hamilton until they lost their voices. Around 10 o'clock that night, Davey was passed out and Jack had a little idea.

"Where did you even get paints?" Crutchie pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Irrelevant. Now shush you're being loud." Jack was painting a whole mural on Davey's arm and back, starting at his wrist and slowly fading out by his waist.

"Jack you're painting a whole ass mural on him and he hasn't budged. I don't think I'm being too loud." Crutchie deadpanned. The microwave in the background of Crutchies end of the FaceTime call beeped. He took out a container of ramen and propped the phone up on the counter, sitting in front of it criss cross applesauce so Jack could see him.

Jack was touching up the arm a little, using Daveys hand as a pallet. "Watcha painting?"

Davey stirred a little, as Crutchie asked the question. Jack froze for a moment, taking the phone and flipping the camera to show Crutchie his arm. A collage of sunflowers, perfectly shaded and colored, wrapped up his arm. Leaves poking out and the occasional vine weaves through the design. "I'm working on the back now." He whispered, putting the phone back.

Crutchie hummed "He's gonna kill you for this." He said through a mouthful of noodles.

"What a way to leave the world." Jack joked, no emotion behind his voice as he was too focused on painting.

"Jack Kelly is in the zone. In the zone with Jack Kelly." Crutchie slurped his noodles.

Jack looked up at the phone, "How much sleep did you get last night?"

Crutchie laughed hysterically, "Absolutely none." He beamed. Jack shook his head, returning to the painting.

"How'd you get him shirtless?" Crutchie smirked slightly.

Jack choked on air "Alrighty then. I didn't do anything he passed out not too long ago. No shirt." He shrugged

"Bet that was a dream come true." Crutchie's smirk grew.

"Shut up." Jack blushed a little.
"You know you love it."
"I love him. But we've known that for what, two months now?"

That type of conversation was shared the entire night. Jack ended up going on and on about Davey for a solid 45 minutes at some point.

"Are you done yet?" Crutchie asked after another hour or so.

Jack nodded "Yeah." He was careful to not get paint on anything but his clothes, Daveys arms and back, and all over his face. He attempted to wipe some away and failed, Crutchie laughing hysterically again in the background

"Shuttahp. I'm on my way home." He told him after he had cleaned everything up.
"Alright. See ya soon beach."
"Frick you too." And he hung up.

Davey woke up to an empty apartment. Sitting up, something pulled on his back. Not a muscle but rather something overtop of him that seemed stuck to his skin.

He reached up to rub his eyes, seeing the bright yellow and muted green design wrapped around his arm. He sat up carefully, looking at it and over his shoulder as best as possible. The design continued onto his back.

He smiled softly, assuming it must have been Jack's doing. Hugging himself close he went to look in the full body mirror on the wall. The sunflowers were perfectly painted, and weaved around his body beautifully. Davey took his phone, getting a picture of his back and arm in the mirror and sending it to Jack

Dave: Did you do this?
Jack: idk what your talking about
Davey: you're* It's beautiful.
Jack: well thank you
Jack: can I paint youre mirror
Davey: your*
Jack: frick off
Davey: You can come over again and paint it now?
Jack: omw

It amazed Davey how attached he was to Jack, and vice versa. He hadn't even been away from him for a few hours and he was already coming back. Davey took another picture of his back and a closer one of his arm before washing it off and changing.

Jack stumbled into the apartment a few minutes later with a pile of paints and brushes and a speaker "Hey Dave!"

Davey beamed, turning in the desk chair to face Jack "Hey Jackie."

Jack got everything set up, plopping in front of the mirror "How do we feel about blue?" He hummed, looking over the mirror.

Davey smiled "Definitely a favorite."

Jack quickly got to work, turning music on on the speaker. This soon turned into a music roulette, if you will. Jack picked a song, Davey picked a song. Sometimes they both knew it, sometimes only one knew, sometimes they randomly picked a song and neither knew but they still enjoyed it.

Jack finished an hour or so later. He wiped his face with his hand, only smudging the paint he had on his cheek more.

Davey smiled a little, "You got.. Yeah." He laughed as Jack tried to wipe the paint away. He gave up when he had somehow gotten blue paint on the tip of his nose. "We'll clean it later."

He looked at the mirror, "I love it." It was a subtle cloud frame in a blue monochrome, the colors gradually getting lighter as they reached the bottom.

"It's ok." Jack shrugged, adding a stroke or two here and there.

"No it's perfect!" Davey swatted Jack's hand away, receiving a laugh from the shorter. Jack reached over with his brush, dotting Davey's cheek. The sudden cold paint made Davey flinch before breaking into a smile, "Jack!" He looked in the mirror trying to rub away the paint but only smudging it.

"Here, here wait." Jack laughed out, getting his thumb wet with some paint water and rubbing Davey's cheek. He was laughing hysterically by this point.

"You're only making it worse, aren't you." Davey gave him a look, Jack doubled over laughing, his hand lingering on Davey's cheek. "Oh my gosh." Davey rolled his eyes, looking down at Jack and just taking him in. His perfect smile and beautiful laugh. The way Jack looked back up at him, the comfortable silence.

"Well uh." Jack pulled away from Davey, "I should get going....again.." he smiled, picking up his paints. "I'll see ya around Dave." Davey smiled a little "Bye, Jack."