The Heat of Battle

⚠️⚠️TW BLOOD GORE SCARS⚠️⚠️

Y/n's word struck me.

'Those who can die will die, if they do not do as I command.'

The words rang in my head. Y/n just brought up the death of those around us as though it were nothing. Yet it was a worning, that power I saw, the lighting, was that perhaps not all they hold?

~~~
The battle commenced and I was placed to guard the Adepti as they use this 'balista' thing?

So guard them I will.

A group of men and a woman walked through a portal. I heard Aether call them Fatui.

I swing my polerarm striking each in the face, catching them off guard, because of my petite appearance. Using the chance I stabed each through the stomach, making a human cabob.  Their blood splashed on my face, perhaps I wont need my electro.

Another group of men, this time with a woman, entered the battlefield. The woman starts to go after the 'balista' the buck dude is operating. I throw my polerarm cutting through her skull. The men froze and turned to sed who had some that. Channeling electro power to my legs, I attempted something I had only plained before.

I run aross the feald facing the men in an instant chanling electro to my hand I gabed each in the neck.
"Good riddance" I snarl,

Back home, there was a reason I wasent allowed to partake in self defense classes. After the incident with my father, then my mothers abandonment. I used my anger, my sadness, my fear, I used it in battle. Lets just say that man was not the last to fall at my hands. When i fight people, mortals, I forget the good things, only remembering they sent an assassin, they killed my father, they are the reason Baal refused me as her child.

Mortals, are at fault. My enemy, no matter who becomes a beacon of hate.

I pick up the polerarm, swing it agenst the unsuspecting Fatui. Some lost fingers, some lost more. I could care less. They wish to take the city that took me in. Humans are foolish. Worthless fighting, pointless killing. What imbecile would find joy in this.

The god rose an hit the chamber, shaking the ground beneath us. for a moment, I see Aether, then Xiao. for a moment my anger left me. I remember the real reason I was fighting. not for some silly group of buildings. I was fighting for the man who welcomed me to my new life. For Atsuko who befriended me knowing my status knowing my mother. For Aether, who lost his sister but still make time for everyone elce. For Xiao, who made me feel like I could walk on air. For them, mortals, the Adepti.

I feel the floor beneath me start to crack. The God not backing down, hurt from the Adeptus power, but not done form "Stand back!" I command. For once maybe I can

save people.

I hold my hand high in the air summoning all the m=power I could muster to my body drawing energy from the clouds, from the moment of the fight, from the land below. I feel my skin burn, it hurts, but I continue. I muster all this power into a single rod of lightning, cracking and shaking with incredible energy. I fall to my knees, the floor giving out beneath me. I couldn't through it. I'm not strong enough. I feel the energy leave my body as I am lifted till I fall on solid ground. I hear a loud crack, perhaps, it worked after all.

~~~

I awake in incredible pain. "holy mother of Baal" I voice my pain, sitting up in an unfamiliar room. Must have passed out, how cliché.

"Y-your awake!" A girl sat beside me, she has purple hair and, horns? An Adeptus perhaps? "Lady Y/n the Liyue Qixing are incredibly thankful for your help during the battel. We wish to repay you for your kindness-" I swing my legs over the side of my bed, examining my arms, I had burnt skin in the unpredictable shape of lightning. I turn to the girl who continued talking.

"How long was I out?"

"only about two hours its remarkable how fast you healed. with just some medicine and bandages. sure there are scars, but not much blood was lost and-" she rambled on. Two hours to long. The door opened and I look up to see Ningguang, smiling at me. she walks over dismissing the rambling girl, and sitting in her spot.

"So, You are the child of Baal?"

"one of them yes." her eyes widen, "its just me and my brother, we don't have an army of tiny Raiden's" I laugh at my own joke and she joins me.

"I apologize for underestimating you. It was quite impressive, that stunt. It gave way for victory. we thank you." I nod my head not really lessoning.

"where is Xi- are the Adepti?" I voice " and Aether is he alight?" she smiles at my worry, "I didn't hurt them did I?" I start to panic, when she places a hand on my sholder.

"you did not even sting an ally." I let out a breath, thank the seven.

"would you perhaps like to join our ranks as a member of the Liyue Qixing? We would love to have your knowledge join our ranks." I shake my head.

"I left to be free, so that's what I'm gunna be. Free." she smiles understanding.

"I beleave all your friends, including the Adeptus boy, are waiting in Feiyun Slope if you wish to see them."

~~~

Without a second thought I ran to see them. Apon arrival I saw everyone, even Verr and her husband were there. Only two individuals stood out to me. One a tall lean man with black hair that faded to a yellowish orange. The other, a pacing Adepti.