Chapter 12

Seraphina Amor

The car ride back to Harry's place was quiet, all of us being too exhausted to try and make small talk. Despite the lack of conversation going on, my body was still pumping with adrenaline. It was seeping in my veins causing me to be subtly jittering in my seat.

For a little while, I drove around with no destination, just to be on the safe side in case those men were following us still. I made sure I tried to remember what roads I was turning down so when I thought there was no way they would be trailing behind us, I knew how to get back.

It was probably a good hour I spent admiring the area that I haven't gotten to see much of. There were lots of stores and restaurants, most of them bustling as it was dinner time. Harry and I didn't really have a lot of time on our hands for him to take me sightseeing, not that I really wanted to anyway. This wasn't a vacation.

Of course, as I was driving around, I forgot about the fact that I needed to turn back around to get to Harry's place. I overestimated my ability to remember street signs, turning down a few wrong roads every once in a while making me groan as I had to redirect myself to the correct route.

As I pulled into the complex parking lot, I glanced back at Harry in the rear view mirror. His head was resting against the window, eyes gently closed and lips parted to let out small breaths of air. Beside me, Leon also seemed to be in some state between sleep and half consciousness due to his fluttering eyelashes and steady breathing.

It was only then, as I parked the car in its usual spot, that I had noticed it was already dark outside, the streetlamps shining their artificial light into the car. Shutting off the ignition and pulling the keys out of the car, I slump back into the seat, breathing in deeply.

My lips pulled into a grimace as my hand traveled to the back of my head, touching gently at the bottom of it where a small bump was beginning to form. It was going to get worse, that's for sure. I don't think getting your head slammed against concrete is good for you.

Pulling away from the raised spot, I reach over to Leon, slightly shaking his shoulder. He shrugs me off, shifting deeper into his seat. I huff with annoyance, pushing him a little harder than before.

"Get up," I say, keeping a hushed voice.

I guess that was all I needed to make Leon wake up because his eyelids flutter open, shaking his head as he looks over at me.

"We're back," I tell him, moving to unbuckle my seat belt. Leon nods in response, copying my movements as he undid his own.

Twisting around in my spot, I look back at where Harry is still sleeping, soft snores beginning to be released from him. It made me chuckle to myself as I glanced over to where Leon was also staring at Harry with a grin.

"Not as much as a prick when he's asleep, yeah?" Leon teases, sending a silly grin my way. I shake my head, returning back to where Harry was still asleep.

I lean forward a little bit, resting my torso against the armrest in the middle, extending my arm out to tap on his leg.

"Harry, wake up," I whisper, tapping against the bend of his knee. He shifts his leg, knocking my hand off of him. Leon snickers next to me and I glare over at him before tapping at Harry's leg again, a little bit harsher than necessary.

"Wake up," I whisper-shout and Harry just moves around once again, still completely asleep. I frown at him, retracting back into my seat.

"Oh, I forgot to mention," Leon starts, "he's a really deep sleeper."

I deadpan at him, sighing heavily. "Clearly."

Pressing down on the unlock button, I step out of the car, shutting the door behind me and rounding to Harry's side. I grasp onto the handle of his door, yanking it open. Due to the support that the window of the door provided, his head falls forward making him jerk awake.