ramène-moi à la lumière

(25/10/17)

The warm buttery pastry of a croissant dissolves delicately on my tongue, making a firework of happiness explode in my stomach. I have to say, this is most definitely the best, most incredibly delicious breakfast I've ever had. Freshly squeezed orange juice, watermelon juice, endless croissants and paine au chocolates make me very very happy.

The best part is that we're in Paris.

The city of divine food, beautiful architecture and love.

Harry's 14th show of the tour will take place later on tonight, but for now Sarah, Mitch, Harry and I are eating at Frenchie To Go, a stunning cafe only eight minutes away from the venue.

The brick walls and tall black iron chairs make it seem artistic, and the radiant leafy plants crawling up the walls remind me of my favourite cafe at home. It makes me miss it a bit, to be honest.

That's quickly pushed out of the way by another tray of pastries being placed on the marble table though.

"So," Sarah wipes a crumb from the corner of her lip. "Where are you guys going?" She asks.

"Well, I thought we could make our own little tour around Paris. See the Eiffel tower, the Louvre, go to a nice garden?" Harry looks at me.

I still haven't figured out the answer to my long lasting question, even though it's been close to a month since it appeared in the fog of my thoughts, the spotlight hitting it so obviously.

I still get the same nerves in my stomach as I did within a day of knowing Harry that I get now, watching the highlights of his hair turn a golden caramel in the morning sunshine. His irises are iridescent and captivating, looking more grey in the centre than green. The strip of glowing skin along his cheekbone.

I wrote a letter in my journal about it, but other than that, nobody knows how I'm feeling.

I called Griffin the other day. He has a girlfriend called Amelia, and apparently she's really kind and sweet. Even Penelope thinks so. His smile was the loudest and brightest it's been in a while, which made me want to cry joyful tears. I'm so incredibly happy for him, especially considering how badly it ended between him and his last boyfriend.

I keep wondering what he would tell me. It scares me because the last time I had these nerves, they were butterflies, and they were present when Tyler was. And after how that ended, well...

I'm terrified.

"Yeah that sounds good." I nod in agreement with Harry.

"Well, lovebirds, we're going to head off now. Enjoy your adventures!" Sarah picks up her red purse, blows us a kiss and hurries away, pulling Mitch with her.

Harry throws his hands up in defeat as I sigh and rub my hands along my temple. He chuckles, and downs the rest of his tea. How stereotypical for a British person.

"I love how they say that we're lovebirds, yet they're actually in love." I shake my head in astonishment.

"And they haven't admitted it!" He laughs breathlessly.

"We should start pushing them. Otherwise, they'll never realise their feelings."

"We should."

Harry suddenly scoots his chair back, making a screech bounce off the walls. Other customers wince and cover their ears in distraught, a few glaring at him just as the old ladies did a few weeks ago. For someone who is considered charming, lovely and a 'national treasure', (Harry told me that. I don't know if I believe him yet) he annoys older people very, very quickly.