3 | Vain

Vikrant :

I sat in my car as the driver drove towards office. She was still running in my mind.

"Simran Ahluwalia.", I mumbled softly as I pulled out my phone and called up the agency she worked for.

I had something important already in my mind with regard to her.

I sat back with a sigh.

It happened ten years back, but the memory was crystal clear in my mind, and also the consequences.

And I had been waiting for this one golden day when I would catch hold of her.

Now it was my turn to show her how it feels.

....

Simran :

I was late.
And I knew Daddy would not spare me this time.

Manav hadn't called me anymore which was relief.
Manav and I had met each other at a college function and it was love at first sight.
He's a really nice guy along with being a handsome hunk which makes me feel so damn lucky all the time.

Our engagement was already over. I had gotten his name tattooed on my ring finger already.

I looked at the tattoo with a smile as I pressed the doorbell of my house.

My mother immediately opened the door.
She looked like she was in some kind of stress.
"What happened Ma?", I asked immediately.
"No.. Nothing beta. First come in then we'll discuss.", she said immediately walking in keeping the door open for me.

My heart suddenly started pacing fast.

I instantly waked in and shut the door behind me.

Daddy was sitting on the sofa, still in his uniform, he was the Deputy Commissioner Of Police.
He sat looking at my wedding invitation thoughtfully.

"Is everything alright?", I asked when he snapped out of his trance.

"How long have you known Vikrant Suryavanshi?", he asked as I looked at him in confusion.
"Vikrant Suryavanshi?", I asked unsure.
"Yes.", came the reply from my mother.
"Just one day. I met him today only.", I replied as he sighed.

Daddy got up from the sofa and walked down to me.

"It seems like we'll have to talk to Manav.", he said in a low sad tone.

"Why so?", I asked trying to read his face.

"Vikrant Suryavanshi has proposed you for marriage.", my mother said as I looked at her in shock.

"Who? He? That snobbish arrogant brat of a man wants to marry me? Nonsense!", I said dismissively.

"He himself came here and said that he wants to marry you. And he wants to marry you by the end of this week. He'll do everything, all the preparations, only you have to marry him.", Daddy said, trying his level best to feel happy about this whole matter.

" And what about my marriage with Manav? ", I asked, softly.

" We've spoken to his parents. Now that you've confirmed that Mister Suryavanshi knows you, I'll talk to Manav also.", Daddy said.

My eyes were welling up with tears.

"So now I have to leave the love of my life and marry that man?", my voice broke.
Daddy was visibly unhappy but it seemed like he didn't have a choice.

"Vikrant is a very powerful man, and he takes what he wants. I know how he is. If we don't agree he will make sure that we are left with no other choice, but agreeing.", He paused and sighed.

My throat was numb.

I gave my daddy a last look and stormed out of the house towards The Sun House.

It took almost half an hour when I got down from the cab and stood before the huge gates of the mansion.

I walked through the gates when the watchman ran down to me, "Ma'am–"

"I have some work.", I said without stopping and walked right through his mansion's door.

"Vikrant Suryavanshi!", I shouted, my voice echoed across the mansion.

"Ma'am what do you want?", Rizwan asked immediately running out but I was too driven by emotions to hear pr understand anything.

"Vikrant Suryavanshi!", I screamed again as he finally emerged out of his room onto the balcony inside his mansion looking down at me, while smoking his cigar.

"You desperately need to learn the rule book, Miss Simran.", he said smiling.

A crooked smile.

The tears I had been holding back rolled down my face.

"Why are you doing this?!", I asked.

His smile did not leave his face.

"Because I think I really like you.", he said calmly.

"Like? Me?! Stop lying!", I shouted as he drew in a deep puff of cigar, completely calm.

Arshika walked out of her room and stood quietly looking at the scene.

"I do not lie like the common folks Miss Simran. But well if that's your opinion then be it.", he said, "Anyways you can not do much about it anymore.", he ended.

"You will have to stop this nonsense!"

"If I had to stop it I wouldn't have started it on the first place.", he said with the same crooked smile now widening, "Now go to a salon and get ready. You will be the Mistress of this Mansion."

Saying so he walked back into his room as I stood helplessly.

"You are are swine, Suryavanshi! You'll pay! I will make sure you pay!", I shouted, but all in vain.

This was the beginning of the end.

....

Drop in your views!