XXIX. Parent and Child

Subaru started to look around and he realized that he was back home and woke up in his room after his father surprised him.

"C'mon, now, don't ignore me!" Kenichi exclaimed as he armlocks his son.

"Hey! Ow! Ow! That hurts!" Subaru cried.

"Subaru-kun!" Rem cried and tried to rush to him.

"Rem!" Otto yelled and Rem pounced back to the crowd.

"Wh-Why is he... hurting Subaru?" Reinhard asked.

"You can call it as a father-and-son bonding." Kazuma said.

"Hurting your child is also a part of a bonding?!" Everyone asked.

"What's the problem? You train every day and you still lose to one middle-aged man? Whoa, wait for a--" Kenichi stopped as Subaru quickly locks his dad's leg.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!" Kenichi cried.

"Letting me get a counter in? You're getting old, Pops! I'm about to win my decisi--" Subaru stopped as he got his leg locked quickly by his dad.

"Hey, wait! No fair flipping me back over!" Subaru cried.

"Well? Ready to give up?" Kenichi asked.

"It truly is their bonding with each other." Everyone sighed.

"Subaru-kun!" Rem cried.

"This is why he got his Return by Death and wasn't afraid to feel pain anymore. He is already dealing with it before." Ram said.

"But this is a different pain, Ram. One that can strengthen yourself!" Kazuma said.

"Is that so?" Ram asked.

"Wanna try it with me, Ram?" Garfiel asked.

"No." Ram replied with a cold look.

"Hahaha! I like yer reply!" Garfiel exclaimed.

"Excuse me, you two... I'm getting hungry. I'd like to eat breakfast now." Subaru's mom, Naoko knocked on the door and saw the two wrestling each other.

"Whoops... Sorry about that. I got a little carried away with my one-on-one time with Subaru. You could've started without us." Kenichi said.

"Why should I do that when the whole family could eat together?" Naoko asked.

"Yeah, you're right. That's my wife for ya!" Kenichi proudly said.

"Come on, Subaru. Time for breakfast. I put in extra effort today, just for you." Naoko said.

"Sh-She's Subaru's mom...?" Rem asked.

"She's pretty!" Petra said.

"Yeah, she is!" Mildo added.

"Wow, Subaru's mom is so sweet for her son, right Lia?" Puck asked.

"Uh, yeah. So they are Subaru's parents...?" Emilia said.

"Subaru-kun is lucky to have those kinds of parents." Felt said.

"But you do have Old Man Rom and... me, Felt-sama." Reinhard said, making her blush.

"Just stop saying too much, Reinhard!" Felt said while blushing.

The scene shifted to the kitchen where the father and son were shocked by the huge amount of green peas on the bowl.

"Wow, Subaru. Your bowl's a forest of green." Kenichi said.

"Mom, why did you gave me so many peas?" Subaru asked.