79. You Both Are So Smart

____________________

.

.

.

"Mommy!!" Lucas and Kiara squealed as soon as they spotted their mother next to their car.

"Babies!!" River grinned happily as she crouched down so that both of her little ones could run into her arms. "Did you miss me?" She asked as she places sweet kisses on the side of both of their heads.

"Of course!" The two squealed as they hugged her again. They were so used to being home that going back to school, they couldn't help but miss their sweet mother.

"And no one missed me?" The three looked around and was dumbstruck to see Mateo standing there, wearing a black roll-up shirt and blackish grey denims.

"Papa!!!" The two squealed, Kiara having forgotten that she was supposed to be mad at her father for abandoning them for so long. The two ran to his arms, who picked them up and twirled spun around, pressing many kisses to their hair.

"Papa, you said you were going to be another week!" Lucas said. "Did you say that to surprise us?"

Mateo looked over at River who looked at him with a poker face. "Yep." He winked at his babies who hugged him again.

"George, Davis, Victor." Mateo addressed the three bodyguards as he walked over to River with the kids still in his arms. "You are dismissed for the day." He handed the kids over to River before fishing out his own car keys from his pocket and tossing it at Davis. "Take my and River's cars home. We are taking the kids'."

"We are going out?" Kiara asked.

"We are going to have family time?" Lucas asked as well.

"Yes we are." He smiled. "You both are so smart."

He looked up at River to see that there was still no expression on her face. "Davis, George, get the kids settled on the car seat."

"Yes Sir." They said in unison before taking the kids from River and moving over to where the car was parked.

"Victor, go with them." Mateo rolled his eyes when he saw that River's bodyguard still stood rooted to his spot. "Unless your boss thinks she needs protection from me." He added, a smirk forming on his face as he looked over at River.

River let out a bored sigh and said, "Victor, tell your stupid Capo that he doesn't get to be cocky until I forgive him."

"Really? You are not even going to talk to me now?" Mateo asked his baby mama as he waved a very amused bodyguard off.

River turned to him, caramel meeting chocolate, and huffed, "I don't need anyone to speak on my behalf."

"Come on River-" He put his arms on her shoulder. "Won't you forgive me?" He tilted his head and pouted a little.

River's eyes widened a tad bit; it was after all the cutest she had ever seen him, except when he was being a man-child. She had to control herself with all her willpower to not pull his cheeks like she did with the twins.

"N-no." She scraped out, narrowing her eyes at him. Did he actually think that he could puppy-eyes his way into making her forgive him for the bullshit that he had spewed at him.

Mateo gave her a disappointed pout before stealing a kiss from her. Her eyes widened yet again while he took long strides over to where the children were. He knew that he would be the safest with them.

River narrowed her eyes as she turned on her heels. She wanted to make him suffer for the games he had decided to play with her.

"Come on Mommy!" Lucas yelled from his car seat.