Have You Changed?

The young blonde trudged through the forest, reminiscing in the nostalgic memories of the past. The wind ran a soft hand through his hair, more comforting than his own past family's actions.

It had been years since he had ever walked these plains, though his memory never failed. He remembered the times of his youth where he sang songs with his older brother, screaming with laughter; but he also remembered the parts where he was forced to mentally age too quickly, mourning the death and loss of his friends and family.

They must've thought he was dead, it was only reasonable. It had been three years since those days.

------

The wind seemed to lift Tommy off his feet, carefully brushing his hair out of his face, adrenaline filling his veins and pumping his heart. A smile, a true one at that, spread across his face for the first time in months. He had broken the chains that held him to the ground and set afire the ropes that tied him to the prison he once believed was his home.

He began to slow, the reality of his situation setting in. He settled to a walk, inhaling and exhaling the fresh air that filled his lungs. Once he let his heart settle to a familiar rhythmic beat, he let his mind wander. He was running away to be free, alone with no supplies. This would've usually left him crying, but those were his exiled days. He now felt renewed, the loneliness comforting, reassuring him that he was now able to make his own decisions.

He walked, and walked, and walked for days, no specific plan or place in mind. He passed mountains that kissed the clouds, flower filled forests, hot dunes of sand, and shady forests. He was positive they wouldn't find him, not that they wanted to anyway.

------

It had been forever since then, however he remembered every emotion that flashed through his mind. He remembered every memory gathering his friends and family. He remembered it all, both a blessing and a curse.

------

"Hello, little fox," the boy cooed, "Are you lost?"

The fox simply whimpered in response, rolling over to its side to expose an injury on its hind leg, eyes closed.

"Oh, c'mere, girl," Tommy picked the small fox up, ignoring its protesting whimpers and nips, carrying it back to the small house he had built.

His house was nothing special, he thought multiple times over, although that was far from true. There were cobble stairs leading up the side of the dark-oaked home, the long and fancy stone roof complimenting the amber glowing lanterns and dark green foliage. Neat ivy dripped from the walls, moss growing here and there. The glass was tinted black, letting in a comfortable amount of sunlight. A thick cobble chimney emitted hardly any smoke, keeping the air as unpolluted as possible, a garden of flowers, fruits, and vegetables nearby. The inside was just as nice.

The boy had tended to the fox, immediately realizing that this fox had to be no older than ten days old, eyes glued shut. He did the best he could, gathering milk from his cows to baby feed the small fox.

He had a fair amount of knowledge on foxes, considering his adopted nephew was one. So when on day three, the fox's eyes were still shut, he began to fear the fox would never see the world.

His concerns were melted when the fox's eyes opened on the fourth morning, and he was immediately mesmerized. The fox beheld wonderful grape and electric purple eyes, a swirling pool that put Nether portals to shame.

He decided to name her Mellohi, a name of an item he had learned to let go.

It was still nice to have a reminder of his old home.

------

Behind him, his makeshift family followed. It was quite a parade, but it didn't matter. If he was returning, Tommy swore to bring his whole family along.

His new family.

------

Tommy remembered finding Disk huddled under a long-forgotten nest. He knew the baby bird had been abandoned for being weak. Tommy saw much more than "weak."

When Disk began showing his true colors, literally and metaphorically, the blonde discovered he was a mix between a phoenix of sorts and a lovebird. His breed fit him perfectly, Tommy decided quickly. His feathers were long and mesmerizing, mixes of celadon, mantis, and green pantone, his eyes a powder blue. The parrot's companionship and love was fiery and strong.

Similar to Mellohi, Tommy named the bird Disk.

It reminded him of the hardships he went through and the people he experienced it with.

------

At his heels nipped a playful Mellohi, now a year old. Her coat was a bright pumpkin, underbelly, paws, and tail tip a clean floral white.

On his shoulder sat Disk, chest puffed confidently, tail waving with the blonde's footsteps. It was almost as if the phoenix-lovebird knew where they were going.

Beside Tommy walked a confident black haired boy, Eleos, named after the Greek God of forgiveness. He was a regular seven year old boy and reminded Tommy a lot of himself. From what the black-haired boy remembered, his family was strong and some sort of hybrid or abnormally strong. Eleos never got any traits of his parents, staying in a seemingly permanent shadow of theirs.

Tommy understood, it hit very close to home.

Technoblade was a strong warrior, stunning those who dared to challenge him. He had pig ears that poked out of his braided pink hair, tusks protruding from his mouth comfortably, rufous eyes giving looks that could kill. (What Tommy had once failed to see was that Techno was driven by the bloodthirsty voices in his head. He was never satisfied.)

Wilbur was talented, a prodigy to say the least. He succeeded in everything he did, striving to be the best. He had the voice of a sirin, strumming his guitar charming any and all. He was tricky and intelligent, and it was no surprise that he led an entire nation. (What Tommy had once failed to see was that Wilbur was never happy with what he achieved, always aching for more. He was never satisfied.)

Phil was a wonderful father, proud of his boys no matter what. He rarely scolded and did what he thought was best. He had two massive wings with feathers outlined in gold, occasionally taking his boys for flies when they were younger. He cheered them on through thick and thin, a warm smile always etched onto his face. (What Tommy had once failed to see was that Phil didn't know what he was doing, and he had left Wilbur and Tommy multiple times to explore and adventure with Techno, forcing Wilbur to raise what Phil could not. He was never satisfied.)

After three years, Tommy wondered if anything had changed.

// A/N: Hello !! :) I've recently realized that I've started writing stories, asking if you guys would like part twos, and then never writing those part twos. So, please comment below what part twos(or part threes?) you'd really like to see, and I'll write them down! I need to be more organized about this stuff anyway. Updates might be a little more spread out, but I'm so happy you guys are enjoying my oneshots <3 \\
Edit: I removed Frost because they didn't have major significance :)