Chapter 22

R Y A N

        I FINISHED up my lunch with Emma, taking the file with me that Nico needed before heading home. It was lovely catching up with her and I was so happy to see a friendly face I was already close with. The sexual tension between me and Nate didn't go unnoticed by her, but I just shrugged it off which I think I did unconvincingly.
I couldn't help it. Every time I looked at him I remembered how he kissed me, gentle and soft. How he touched my burning skin, making me moan his name and I had to press my thighs together to rid the ache I kept on getting between my legs every time he looked at me. Even when I went to say bye to him before I left, he left me hot and bothered.

▫️ ▫️ ▫️ ▫️ ▫️ ▫️ ▫️ ▫️

"Nate? I'm leaving now," I say as I poke my head round his door.

Nate looks up from his computer, his pen dropping from his mouth as he stares at me. I walk into his office, making sure I left it open so it would stop me from pouncing on him - or vies versa. Looking around the room as I take step by step towards him, I look at how the room is more him than outside in the reception area where my office is. It had changed since the last time I had been in here considering this use to be his Mothers office, while she decorated the room in pastel colours, Nate had a different taste and completely changed it.
His desk is black, with a glasswork top just like the ones outside - only his is bigger with two screens instead of the one and he has a few picture frames facing towards him. The sofa, with matching chairs along the wall on the far side is grey with blue cushions and there are shelves with binders next to it. On the far side is a door that I remember leads to the bathroom and the view from his floor to ceiling windows is just as amazing from his window then it is on the rest of the floor. Everything in the room screams Nate, even down to the blue accents and decor on the walls.

"All set beautiful," he smiles as he gets up from his seat and walks towards me.

"Nate, you can't call me that here," I whisper out as he steps up to me, invading my space. His strong scent consumes my mind with thoughts of him and I step back, trying to put a wall between us. Only he takes a dangerously close step forward towards me.

"Call you what? Beautiful," he grins.

"That... you can't call me that while I'm working here. It's too unprofessional," I state taking another step back.

Nate wraps his big hands around my hips, pulling me towards him - crashing his body against mine. Our noses touch and I can feel his breath fanning my lips as he breathes in and out. Nothing is said between us, we only stare at each other, drinking each other in.

"Then what do you want me to call you?" He smirks.

"Nate," I groan rolling my eyes at him. He only smiles at me widely, tracing his eyes all over my face and I feel my body react to his gaze on me. "Thanks for the paid vacation by the way, you two didn't need to do that," I say changing the subject.

"We wanted too..." he whispers, "...you haven't been home in two years and we thought you might want some time to yourself before you start," he smiles.

"Well thank you, at least I'll be able to spend sometime with Sophie and Matthew before they head back to college in a few weeks," I say, looking deep into his stormy grey eyes as they bore holes through me, as if he's studying me.