Chapter 6

Six months later, the beginning of a new year.

Marinette pov

Looks like the order of guardian decided to give us a break, so we all decided to go and finish our studies. I mean, it's our last, after all. As a group, we thought a change of scenario would be nice for us, so we decided to go to America to finish our studies. So here we are now at the airport in Gotham city.

We actually staying at my father's house or should I say my new home. If you're wondering about who I am talking about, I am talking about Jagged Stone . Yes, you read it right, Jagged Stone, the world's most famous rock star. After my parents started believing Lila lies over me, they disowned me and gave a funeral literally a funeral. My whole family was there. Of course, my grandmother and grandfather knew I was still alive. I do keep in touch with them all the time, which is the only link I have to my old life.

When Marinette Dupien Cheng died, Marinette Nightingale Stone had been born, and ever since then, my life has been pretty awesome. I became one of the world's most famous fashion designers known as "Mira." I don't know why I chose that name I just did. Of course, the world doesn't know the face of "Mira," which is me. I don't want to be known for just being famous. I want everyone to see as just me.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice Chloe waving her hands in front of me until she hit me with her bag. "Ouch, what was that for?" I say

"For you to come back to planet earth and to stop you from getting so lost in your own mind, I asked you if you got the cars shipped over to Gotham yet," Chloe says.

"Yes, yes, I know you can't live without your car and everything, Chloe. The cars arrived four before our plane landed. It should be at home by now. We will see when we get there, okay?" I was interrupted when Marco called us over, saying the cars arrived to pick us up.

Chloe, Nathaniel, and I were in the first car, and Luka, Marco, and Kagami went in the second car. After the whole Lila incident and with everyone who turned against me, they were the only one who believed me and saw through all the lies. They stood by my side for everything. They fought by my side when we versed Chat Blanc, Hawkmoth, and Mayura. Ever since the battle of dooms day in Paris, where we took down Hawkmoth, we have been working with the order.

The guardians came to us three days after we had defeated Hawkmoth and recruited us for missions straight away. We didn't have any trouble agreeing with them because none of us had any ties to Paris anymore. My parents abounded me. Chloe parents think she's abroad studying in England with Nathaniel and Marco. Kagami has full permission from her family to do as she wishes the same with Luka aunt. So, for the past three years, we have been working with the Order of Guardians going on missions all around the world.

We haven't returned back to Paris once. I won't say I don't miss it. Paris is my home. I was born there, but there are too many bad memories and reasons not to go back, so instead, we move forward with our futures.

Luka is working with Jagged with his music. Kagami is helping me run my fashion line company with Chloe's help, of course. Marco and Nathaniel still do comics and seem to have become quite famous nowadays.

The drive to our new home wasn't very long because we live on the east side of Gotham city we just had to go around the city as a quicker and quieter route. From the pictures I have seen of Gotham and the research I have done with the team on the heroes and criminals here, Gotham City seems like a pretty nice place. Home to the bat boys. One of the world's most recognized superheroes and members of the Justice League.

The Order of the Guardians and Justice League don't really get along much because of our differences, but I don't mind much at all. We all serve the same purpose and have one same goal to reach to protect this world and save people. I actually admire Batman and the bat boys they are ordinary people with no powers, but they still save the people of Gotham every day and go on missions to save the world. Even after bumping into them at the museum, I could see how they stood their ground, ready to protect the citizens and jump into action. I was actually hoping to bump into them here in Gotham, maybe create a peace treaty for the two leagues, or simply just offer help when needed. It must be hard for them to go out and figth every day without powers and being able to heal themselves after being badly wounded on missions. My thoughts were interrupted when the cars pulled over to the front gates. Our new home was intirely a house but more like a mansion.

We went inside and looked around a bit touring the place for a while until we all decided to go to our rooms and unpack the remaining stuff we had left in our bags. We had already shipped most of our stuff a week ago, so there wasn't much left to do. We spent the rest of the day together having fun and sitting in the kitchen cooking up dinner and just living life with us. Just bring a couple of teenagers in the moment.