(23) A Second Chance ☆

- Miles Adair -
Saturday

Nia rushed downstairs with Tatum behind her and when I say that they looked like they just saw a ghost trust me I mean it, The first thought that came to mind was 'Alec found out'

Nia ran towards me panicking, "where did he go?"

"I don't know I didn't see him leave, what happened?"
I asked and she huffed rubbing her face.

"He walked in on me and Tatum eating each other's faces"
She said and my hand flew to my mouth.

"Oh my god oh my god, what did he do?"
I asked her fidgeting and she sat down.

"He yelled at us and stormed off Miles he shouldn't be alone when he is this angry he will do something stupid we need to find him"
Tatum joined and I quickly grabbed my phone dialing his number

'Hey this is Alec uh I'm probably not answering because I either don't give a fuck about what you have to say or my phone is off or maybe I'm just busy uhhh you can leave a message after the peep I guess? But don't be fucking annoying and spam my ass, great! Byeee'

"Voicemail"
I said and she groaned.

"Where are mom and Zodiac?"
Tatum asked.

"Of course he turned it off"
Tatum said pacing back and forth.

"They went to the mall"
I answered

"But what about Alec-"
Nia said but got interrupted.

"Let's just wait for him"
I nodded agreeing with Tatum.

1 hour

2 hours

3 hours

And still nothing.

I am terrified, what if he hurt himself? What if he got himself in trouble?

I sat there staring blankly at the wall and then it hit me,

'You know, I always come here when I'm upset'

"The rooftop"
I whispered to myself quickly getting up.

"I know where he is, I will be right back"
I told them and they nodded.

I left the house running as fast as I could down the now familiar streets, It was dark but I could see people looking at me weirdly. Yeah sorry, guys, my boyfriend needs me, or maybe not? But I don't care I'm going anyways.

The cafe's neon lights came in sight and I grinned in satisfaction making my way towards the door, I pushed it open and a girl that looks my age stood behind the counter, she must be the girl that takes shifts when Laura isn't in the cafe.

"Hi welcome how can I help you?"
She said with so much boredom chewing a piece of gum loudly.

"Uhm I just need to go upstairs"
I mumbled quietly and she looked at the stairs then back at me weirdly.

"Sure"
She said rolling her eyes turning her attention back to her phone.

I quickly jogged up the stairs opening the door and there he was sitting on the floor with his knees pulled to his chest.

He looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows.

"What are you doing here"
He said lacking the gentleness in his voice that was always used with me.

"I came to check up on you"
I said closing the door.

"You can leave I'm no baby I don't need you to check up on me."
I frowned sitting in front of him.

"I thought you were my baby tho"
I said and I know darn well I'm on thin ice.

He scoffed, "You knew about all of this and you didn't tell me shit Miles"
He yelled at me and I felt my stomach drop, I am not used to Alec being mad, At least not at me.

"Because it wasn't my place to say anything! So don't you go raising your voice at me for something I don't have any crap to do with Alec."
I yelled back surprising him and myself, I've never yelled back at anyone I usually cry when someone raises their voice at me but I needed to bring him back to his senses.

"I'm sorry"
His gaze softened and he rubbed his face with his hand.

"I'm sorry Milo I didn't mean to snap at you it's not your fault"
He said looking at me with these glossy eyes of his that make me melt every time they look at me but this time they looked sad I immediately gave in pulling him in for a hug.

"Baby it's okay I understand that you're stressed"
I rubbed his back and he held onto me resting his head on my shoulder feeling his tensed body starting to ease up.

"I am not saying this to make you mad or anything I just want to talk okay? Ale, Nia and Tatum seem happy they are a perfect match Nia is so in love with her I can see it in the way she talks about her, the way her face lights up on the mention of her name. I know Nia isn't known for the brightest dating history but everyone deserves a second chance especially if they're this in love with each other.

Wanna know something? The day you were so mad at Rebekah Tatum started panicking and Nia was the one that calmed her down they're perfect for each other"
I started explaining continuing to rub his back, I was scared that he might get mad at me; but from the way he didn't tense up I know that he knows I am right.

He pulled back a little to look at me.

"You think so?"
He asked me and I immediately nodded.

"I think they're endgame"
I said pecking his lips making the butterflies in my stomach go crazy.

He looked at me thoughtfully for a minute then nodded.

"I will give them a chance"
He said and I grinned widely making him smile.

"I knew you would"
I said making him roll his eyes at me.

"How did you know I'm here?"
He asked me and I shrugged.

"You told me before that you come here when you're upset so.."
I said and he raised his eyebrows amused.

"You remembered that?"
He said and now I was the one rolling my eyes.

"Of course I did, you think so little of me"
He laughed crashing my lips against his making my heart skip a beat.

I think I might be falling for the Beckett boy.