Chapter 27

'Not all mermans can talk to sea creatures'

His words didn't leave your mind as you reached home. What does that supposed to mean? You kept on walking back and forth in your living room, waiting for Jin to come home.

You took a deep breath to stay calm and drank a glass of water. You checked your phone again, waiting for him to contact you.

Maybe I should text him first.

You were about to message him but you heard your front door open. You immediately made your way there and he smiled as soon as he saw you.

"How was your day?"he asked.

"Uhm it was quite complicated"you replied, scratching your head.

Wait..I should be mad right now since he's home late and he didn't contact me.

As you were about to rage, he spoke.

"I bought you cookies"he said as he handed you a box of of cookies. You smiled, receiving it.

Never mind.

"Thank you. Let's share them"you thanked, forgetting the anger you should feel.

"Did you have dinner?"you asked then he nodded in response. He put down his bag and sat on the couch. You thought that he must be tired from fishing.

"How was your brother's performance?"

"He was good. They were so great"you gushed and unlocked your phone to show him their performance that you recorded.

"They are amazing"he complimented.

"I know right~"

You went to your room after showing him the performance to get his necklace and you went back down again to return it to him.

"Here"
He took it from your hand and wore it to himself.

"You didn't tell me that it would summon a handsome man"you stated causing his eyes to widen as he looked at you.

"Did something happen to you?"he asked worriedly. He sat up straight and held both of your hands. He examined your arms and your whole appearance.

"Are you hurt? Did someone hurt you?"

"I'm fine"

"Then why did you blow it?" he asked.

You told him the story from going onto a shortcut until the man who saved you walked you home. He sighed in relief knowing that you didn't get hurt seriously.

"Who was that guy?"you asked. He innocently pouted looking at you.

"He may look more handsome than me but that's just an illusion"he stated causing you to laugh and slap his shoulder playfully.

"You don't have to know"he added.

"I'm sure he's a merman as well but why does he show up when you blow that necklace? What is he?"you asked.
He shook his head and raised his finger.

"I'm not gonna tell you anything"

"But-"

"Y/n I already broke some rules. I'm not supposed to let you know about it"he explained, making you pout. You nodded slowly, understanding his point. You decided not tell him yet about what that guy last said to you because it might offend him.

I should ask another time.

---

"He's so funny. He kept on complaining but he's the one who wanted to join"Yoongi laughed, pointing at a frowning Hoseok. Hoseok tapped his feet in annoyance while crossing his arms.

You were too lost in your thoughts that you didn't realize Yoongi was teasing Hoseok. You kept thinking about that guy who saved you. You don't understand anything. You shook your head, shrugging off your thoughts.

"Don't mind him"you told Hoseok, chuckling. He nodded and placed the 'open' sign on the door. You went to your position and fixed your hair while Yoongi went inside the kitchen.

Soon, you heard the door open meaning that a customer came in. You weren't surprised that it was Namjoon since he's usually the first customer that comes in and sometimes he stays for hours. You smiled as he walked closer to you.

"Good morning. The usual?"you asked. He placed his finger on his chin, thinking.

"I want to try something else today"he replied, smiling. He only orders Iced Americano before or a steak. Hearing him say that made you surprised.

"Do you have any recommendation?"he asked. You hummed as you stare at the menu.

"We have a new dish called Garlic Butter Shrimp. Would you like to try that?"you suggested. His expression turned into a disgusted one.

"I don't like shrimp. I want meat"he stated with still disgusted expression.

"I hate seafood"he added. Your eyes widened as you remembered that he doesn't like seafood. You closed your eyes, mentally slapping your face.

How could I forget that?

"How about Aglio e olio?"you asked.

"Sure"

You don't know why he loves going to the restaurant you're working at when he hates seafood since he obviously knows that the food you are selling are mainly seafood. Well, he probably loves the iced americano here than other stores or he probably likes the paintings on the walls too. You assumed he likes paintings because you saw him one time reading a book about art.

~timeskip~

"Do you want to go fishing?"Yoongi teased Hoseok.

"Just go with Jin. He looked like he was good at it"Hoseok replied.

"That's true though. He said it was his first time but he's good at it"Yoongi stated. You bit your lip, hoping Jin didn't do anything suspicious that day.

"He probably have some good luck"you remarked, wiping the tables.
Hoseok arranged the chairs while Yoongi cleaned the kitchen.

"Well, you have a point"Hoseok spoke.

"So are you saying I don't have luck?"Yoongi scoffed from the kitchen. Hoseok sighed and placed both of his hands on the sides of his waist.

"That's not what I meant. It's just that it depends, okay? There are times you have a lot of luck and there isn't"Hoseok explained.

"Sure"

You were thinking of asking Jin again tomorrow about that guy and what he told you but you were nervous that he'd change the topic again. You don't understand why he has to hide it from you.

All of you are continuing to do the work of cleaning up the place. It got silent for a while not until Hoseok looked at the bin.

"Who is gonna take out the trash?"Hoseok asked.

Oh no. Not this again.

A/N:
Hi everyone~ How are you all??
I hope you are doing great. Have you seen the new run episode? It was so chaotic T.T
Bangtan + water is indeed equal to chaos lmao. Anyways, I hope you like this chapter and stay tune for more. Don't forget to vote!
Love you all and stay safeee❤️❤️❤️