Life or Death!? Part 1

"~Once upon a time, long long ago... a god fell in love with a stone-"

*Clang

Chen Yanyan read the first line before he angrily tossed the book aside. "Tch what the hell kind of book is this!?"

Like hell he'd read this kind of story!

If he knew this book was going to be so ridiculous then he never would have picked it up to begin with!

The book didn't go far as it simply dropped and slightly slid onto the cold white tiled floor towards the open window. 

A slight breeze entered the quiet hospital room as Chen Yanayn's gaze fell towards the bright outdoors, like this he gave a light sigh before finally leaning down and picking up the small book. 

Silently he held it for a moment before placing it on the bedside of the hospital bed, his hospital bed.

Although he didn't like this kind of book he didn't want to leave it on the floor either, he would simply place it back on the bookshelf later.

The hospital room once again returned to a lonely quiet as Chen Yanyan sat back in his bed bored.

Chen Yanyan had often grown sick in his younger days, he had a weak heart, it was only now in his early 30's that his heart was truly growing frail, weak to the point of failure.

His heart was weak willed and slow, it was quite different from the strong willed Chen Yanyan; because of it's growing weakness he had recently been admitted into the hospital for surgery of the coronary. 

With the country's top surgeons and best hospital it should have been a successful procedure, unfortunately due to some complications from the cardiac surgery Chen Yanyan suffered a schemic myocardial contracture issue, or better known as "stone heart."

Although he had never heard of such a strange complication before, the doctors informed him that it was a rare condition that could occur during cardiac surgery, the outcome usually fatal.

Luckily for Chen Yanyan he was mentally strong willed, with a team of skilled doctors by his side he was able to pull through and now recover.

Chen Yanyan sighed as he looked back down at the strange book beside him. He had simply picked it up after it mysteriously fell from a bookshelf he had been near.

Due to the stone on the cover and having just suffered from the complication "stone heart" weeks before, Chen Yanyan had curiously decided to further investigate the strange book. 

Like this he had taken it back to his room for further reading.

It was only after he read the first sentence of a "love story between a stone and a god" that he became annoyed and angrily threw the book down.

If he knew it was that kind of weird book then he never would have picked it up to begin with!

"Just what hell kind of ridiculous plot is that?!" Chen Yanyan once again angrily questioned as he continued to look at the stiff book on his hospital bedside.

To be fair the plot wasn't actually super ridiculous when compared to other stories, Chen Yanyan already knew he was acting irrationally towards the book, he was simply in a bad mood. 

After all he had just been informed that while he was out sick in the hospital some of his companies stocks were being sold underhandedly to that devil of a man!

That man who continuously looked down on him, hated him, ignored him! 

Still Chen Yanyan calmed his heart, he knew he shouldn't upset the fragile thing or it could be the death of him, literally!