Arthur X Reader - Fights

hi this is just a little arthur story that i was inspired to write for no good reason.

This is VERY SHORT AND HORRIBLE

{this story is written from the perspective of a cis female who uses she/her pronouns}

summary - you and arthur are fighting

"I'm fucking sick of this, Arthur," you shout across the camp as Arthur hitches his horse up. It's been days since he's come back to camp and he didn't even tell you he was leaving.

"Sick of what? Me living my life?" Arthur muttered, feeding his horse a sugar cube. You can smell the alcohol on his breath as he walks over to you.

"You can do whatever you want but- but I miss you, Arthur and I just wish you would tell me," you sigh, "I love you, so much, but I hate not knowing where you are. It's a harsh world out there and Pinkertons are swarming the towns. I like to know you're safe and it's scary-"

"I can look after myself, thanks," he growls, wobbling over to the tent you both share. "Now are you going to be nice to me?"

"Can you shut the fuck up, Arthur? I'm not your mother, and I don't have to be nice to you," you put your hands on your hips. "You're drunk."

"Leave me alone, woman."

"Don't call me woman, first of all. I have a name, Arthur Morgan. I ain't going to be walked all over."

"My head aches and you ain't helping, Miss High and Mighty," Arthur grumbles, rubbing his forehead.

"Can you please listen to me, Arthur? I just want to know you're safe-"

"I get it, ok, Y/N? Now are you going to leave me alone. Don't quite get why you're so riled up," Arthur says, shaking his head.

"Stop acting like a child. It's not my fucking fault you've gone out for days without telling me what you've been doing. It's not my fault that I worry about you. You don't get to chose who you fall in love with, Arthur Morgan, and I wish my heart didn't choose you," your hands rush to your mouth, wishing you could suck the words back in.

Arthur tenses up. "That really how you feel?" His blue eyes are on yours and he's fiddling with his fingers.

"I didn't mean it like that- I jus-"

"I know what you fucking meant," Arthur said, turning away and walking over to his horse.

"Arthur Morgan, if you leave now I ain't going to be here to worship you when you get back," a silent tear slid down your face. Everything you loved about Arthur had left your head and you just didn't know what was wrong with you. What were you doing?

"Then I guess I better leave, Y/N," Arthur pushes his horse faster and rides off in the setting sun.

The other gang members are watching in shock. Everyone thought you were both the perfect people for each other. You had never hesitated to jump to Arthur's side in any situation. But now he was gone.

You ran to your tent, your face in your pillow, filling the sharp silence of the camp with your broken sobs. The other women and Hosea tried to comfort you but you just couldn't bring yourself to talk about it. Arthur didn't come back for over a week and when he did, he completely avoided you, staying in Lennys tent, on the other side of Horseshoe Overlook.

Sometimes love just doesn't really work out. You always thought Arthur was the perfect person for you. But sometimes you just don't find love the first time you think you do.

Like they say, there is always more fish in the sea.

i cannot express to you how bad this is this is a disaster of a story