I Witnessed a Murder

Madison's POV-

I was woken up by the screams outside my room.

I opened my eyes and stared at the now black ceiling of my room. I was waiting for the sound to subside so that I could drift to my peaceful sleep again.

It was past midnight. Who the hell is supposed to yell and shout at 2:30 in the night?

I mean if you want have a nice little midnight talk then do it at your own house not in front of other people's houses!

It was like waiting for rice to be cooked when the fire was down on the ground at the pot of rice was hanging on the tree. After what seemed to be like an eternity the yelling died down to silent whispers.

I don't know why but I got this eerie feeling inside of me. I pulled the covers above my face to shield me from any harm outside. The uncanny feeling was still there.

I was thinking of counting numbers to distract me from the weird feeling. I shut my eyes tight and began my counting.

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Six

Sev-

My seventh count was interrupted by the sound of a gunshot, followed by a pin drop silence.

The atmosphere around me was starting to get creepier. I got these strange tickling on my legs. I pulled my legs closer and hugged them to me.

Still there was no sound created. I resisted the curiosity to look outside. I started doubting my resistance to look outside. I was having ghostly thoughts.

I couldn't resist the temptation any longer. I slowly got out from under the covers, took my phone in my hands and sinked my feet into my beaded slippers and lowered myself to the window sill.

I peeked outside the window to see the moonlight shinning brightly, I squinted my eyes and continued to look down. There, not too far away I could see two men. They were somewhere in between the patches of the trees thus I was unable to see their faces.

I could see one man standing with a gun in his hand and the other passed out or dead on the ground. I was sitting still. The man with the gun went closer to the man lying on the ground.

I thought that maybe this killer was going to hide the dead man's body but to my surprise he fired another bullet towards his body. I covered my mouth with my hands in order to prevent any noise coming from my throat. Now I was sure, if that man wasn't dead before he was definitely now. 

I broke down into a cold sweat. In a very terrifying situation like this the worst thing happened! I dropped my phone....

I FUCKING DROPPED MY PHONE!

Also, it wasn't a silent fall. It fell with a big thud sound. My breathing automatically became ragged and my heartbeat increased.

I looked down at the phone and then back at the scene in front of me only to see the KILLER looking directly at me.

-Mystery gurl