Chapter 57

"Sidharthhhhh!"

"Haan ji..?!"... He is driving her back home..

"Mujhe bhookh lagi hai!"

He cupps her face with his left hand.."Haan baba! Getting home now..ghar jake kuch kha lenge!"

"Nehi na!! Kitne sare log honge waha!"

"Areh toh kya hua? Kha lenge! Ismein kya hain?! Sab family k log honge!"

"Hmm...play songs na!"

"Kaunsa?!"

"Wahi humari favorite..bade achhe lagte hai!" 🤗

He gives out a smile and turns on his play list..

They arrive at home in the next 15 mins and on reaching upstairs, Shehnaaz gets jawstuck to see the decor and arrangements done to welcome the newly wed..!

"Beta rukh ja..aise nehi..Griha Pravesh ka rasam hain!"...says his Mom, standing at the door..

"Mom!! We had a court marriage, yeh sab abhi kyun?!"

"Toh kya hua?! Rasam toh rasam hoti hai na?!"

"Ma aap karo jo karna hain!".. Shehnaaz intervenes in between their conversation, being totally driven by emotions. She is too overwhelmed to see this gesture..🥺

"Haan dekh! Yeh hain meri achhi bachhi!"..she kisses her forehead and applies a tilak to both, after which the couple seeks blessing from her. Later, she is asked to tilt a kalash (pot) laden with rice using her right foot and step into a dish of alta. She does things accordingly, lifting up her saree, she walks into the home leaving behind the auspicious red footprints which is the symbolic of the arrival of Goddess Lakshmi in Hindu culture..! ❤️

"Rukh Sana! Sid..you got to carry her now!"...says Neetu..

"Ab yeh kyun?!"...he smiles mischievously, poking his tongue at a corner..

"Are you seriously blushing Mama?!"...Khushi laughs hilariously..

"Kyun blush kyun karunga? Biwi hai, uthane mein kya hai?!"...he turns back to Shehnaaz and smiles..

"Rehne do na Di! Main chal k jaati hoon na.. kitne sare log hai yahan!"...she becomes red in no time..

"Oye hoyee!! Yeh blush toh dekho! How do you even manage to do such romance on screen then?! Aur yeh madam ko dekho zara, kaise nayi naveli dulhan ki tarah behave kar rahi hai! Baas, family k samne nautanki karni hai dono ko! Chal utha usse!"... Neetu pulls their leg.. 😋

"Chal biwi..ab baat izzat pe agayi hai!"... Sidharth lifts her to carry her to his arms..

He carries her to the couch of the living room while everyone follows him from behind..

"Sidharth bhaiya, finally it's official! My God aap logo ne kitna tarpaya humein, pata hain!?! Poori social media mein hungama ho jani hai abhi!"... says one of his cousins..

"Nehi..! Abhi nehi..! We are not making it official like this. We will only come out as a couple after having the social wedding. Not now! Please keep it to yourself. Aap log family se connected ho, so Mom couldnt hold you back! But I hope you all will respect the privacy that we are trying to maintain, atleast till the completion of all projects that we have signed for the year..!"... says Sidharth quite bluntly..

"Arehh beta..Masi toh ma jaisi hi hoti hai na... koi na! Tune ek bar bol diya na, toh hum kisiko kuch nehi batayenge.. tu tension maat le!"

"Thank you Masi! I really appreciate this..!"...he sighs..