Chapter 49: Revelations

Katherine Wright

I turn around to see my brothers standing their.

And all my anger vanished in air. At that moment I wanted nothing more than being in my brothers arms. We looked at each other for a while before I ran off to my oldest brother. He spreads his arms for me. And I accept his invitation.

I hugged him with all that I had in me. I could feel his tight grip around me. He bent down to kiss my hair. Fresh tears ran down my face wetting his dress shirt.

"I love you. I know I don't say it enough but I love you so much. I cant live without you." He said sniffing. I could feel the wetness on my scalp.

"I love you. But I'm still not talking to you." I said trying to control my crying. He let out a small chuckle. I knew others were waiting for my attention too. I parted with Alex and almost immediately Hayden was hugging me. I could sense his stiffness relaxing. He pulled away and kissed my cheeks and my head in such hurry as he feared I would fade away. In return I kissed his cheek. We couldn't say each other anything. He just held my hands is his.

And then he was pushed behind and Leo came into view. The first thing that caught my attention were his knuckles. I grazed my thumbs across his bruised skin.

"How much stuff did you punch?" I asked looking up at him.

He hugged me and answered "Not much."
I don't believe you.

"Yeah just enough to put our house under redevelopment." I heard Nate's voice.

"Nate." I said parting from Leo.

"Hun bun." He said and picked me up. I squealed but he had me in a death grip.

"Dude back off. My turn." Silas snickered. And now I was sandwiched between my 2 brothers.

"Guys. Can't breathe." I said in a muffled voice. They loosened their grip. And Silas turned me towards him.

"If you ever go away again I'll I'll....I'll...cut your hair in your sleep." And everyone laughed except Gabriel. Nothing new in that.

"That's like the worst threat ever. I thought more highly of you."

"Well I can't do much. You're my sister."

"I have a surprise for you." I heard Seb. I looked at him in confusion. He went towards the car and opened the door.

"BEAU!!!" I kneeled down and my boy came  running at me. He jumped on me. And I hugged him. He was wagging his tail and started licking my face and palms. And then he started running around me in circles. I rubbed his fur. He was barking in joy. My baby.

"My baby Beau. I missed you so much." I said rubbing behind his ears.

"See I told you guys she loves that more than all of us." Nate said pointing at Beau.

"Hey! Dont be mean to my baby. Tell me my boy did my brothers take care of you. Did they give you a nice bath like I do." I said talking to him.

"You didn't cut his nails! He'll hurt himself again. How can y'all be so careless?"

"He is so high maintenance. And demanding. I did as much as I could."

"Yeah whatever. Now I'm here my boy. I'm gonna take care of you." I said patting his head. He howled in excitement.

And then Beau started barking and running somewhere. I saw him barking at Gabriel.

"Beau bad manners. Dont bark at him. He's not a stranger." I said holding his leash. I never pull his leash. It makes him comfortable. But if I remove it right now he'll go crazy in new surroundings.