fourteen

Aurelia sat at the hufflepuff table with her eyes fixed on her book while she lazily chewed on the mashed potato

Aurelia sat at the hufflepuff table with her eyes fixed on her book while she lazily chewed on the mashed potato. She lifted her head up when she felt someone's unceasing gaze upon herself.

Not just one but a lot of people were looking her way and whispering something to their friends.

Feeling much uncomfortable, Aurelia looked down at her book. Not even minutes passed when Aurelia felt a light tap on her shoulder.

Putting the spoon back on the plate, Aurelia turned around to find Harry standing besides her with an unpleasant expression on his face.

"I need to talk."

"What is it?" Aurelia questioned, getting up on her feet.

Without saying a word, Harry dragged his sister out of the great Hall and to an empty hallway where silence enveloped the whole atmosphere just like dew covers whole of a country in chilly mornings.

"Don't get me wrong Aura but hermione told me that you'd be seen hanging with Theodore Nott." Harry said but Aurelia felt like she was being accused of erroneous doings.

"Is that wrong?" Aurelia questioned back.

"It is." Harry nodded,"you already know how he tried hurting you-"

"Harry... " Aurelia sighed in frustration,"how many times do I need to tell you that he did nothing."

"Oh well, okay but why all of a sudden is he hanging out with you? Only yesterday he disliked you, loathed you and now suddenly he-"

"It's because I offered him to hang out with me." Aurelia shrugged, like it was no big deal.

Harry stared at his sister in disbelief.

"You.asked.theodore.nott.to.hang.out.with.you?" Harry asked dramatically, taking small pause after each word.

"Yeah, just a study session. What's the big deal?" Aurelia frowned, still confused about why was his brother making a big fuss of such an ordinary matter.

"I have nothing against him but he doesn't seems right.. " Harry trailed off, not knowing how to explain the real reason.

"Doesn't seems right?" Aurelia chuckled lightly,"he's not mental or mad if that's what you think."

"Oh god aura, that's not what I mean." Harry rolled his eyes, chuckling at the end.

"I was just kidding." Aurelia smiled,"and I totally understand what you're trying to say, but Harry wasn't it you who wanted me to be more open and have at least one friend except you? Nobody likes me Harry , they don't want to be with me but Theodore isn't like others. He's the only one who has ever accompanied me in something, who has ever picked up the courage to sit besides me, to hang out with me."

Harry felt millions of needles piercing his skin. His heart fell this unmeasurable pain on hearing such wounding words.

"uh.. I understand." Harry croaked out, his voice slightly shaky.