🌙23|Surprises

Closing my locker door, I dropped my bag over my shoulder and turned towards the quick clashing footsteps I kept hearing. Furrowing my eyebrows, I realized it was part time for lectures. The hallway was empty too. Who could it be at this time?

I checked around for any students but I only found myself alone in this silent hallway. I could only hear Mt breath and those fuzzy footsteps ahead of me. As the crevices of my eyebrows curved, I slowly walked towards the noise. I quickly hid behind a wall when I saw two silhouettes.

  From their positions, I could tell it wasn't a friendly one. It was almost as if they were fighting. Dragging the other, the two moved quietly deeper into the hall. I turned around quickly and tiptoed following them from behind. 

It was when we got closer to the principal's office that I got the more curious. Two security guards began to walk over but I noticed them moving back when the pursuer pulled out a badge.

  "Stay back! Don't you know who I am?!" Spotting the school authority's badge in his hands, they stepped back and lowered their heads apologetically. "Sorry! We apologize Manager."

  As I stood behind the wall, my ears twitched from whatever I was hearing. Why would a manager grab someone from the school like that? Curious, I turned around to check more. The guards moved back and continued their patrols. As I tried to peep out from the wall, I saw the principal.

Before I could expose my presence from the surprise, I closed my mouth with my eyes widened. When I saw her companion, my heart sank in my chest. It was a young man though, but his hands arrested her by her neck. Dragging her to the office, he threw cautious eyes around to avoid tipping himself off.

Maintaining my posture, I moved away from the wall and followed them from behind. It was when they got to the door that I stepped back towards another wall to hide myself. "Get in!" the man yelled. My eyes started to flicker hearing his voice again. It was very familiar. Moreover, it was a croaky voice which could get you shaking in your knees. When he threw his last gaze around, I saw his face clearly.

"Wait. It's Ian!" I gasped as fear got the best of me. Getting hold of me, I was  rendered numb and immobile to neither call out for help or try to help. What was he doing in my school. Had he found out that I study her already? Or was he going to kill her? I can't let this happen!

Taking a deep breath, I rushed back to the locker room and threw my books into it hurriedly. After picking a pepper spray, I dashed back towards her office. I scuttled towards her office as he pulled her away, covering her mouth. He opened the door and banged it enclosing them for privacy.

  I quickly marched to the door and looked around for a window to pass through. But from the looks of this structure, I was sure the windows were out, probably around the garden site.

I moved to the window outside and tried to open it up. While trying to figure out how to help her, I heard a loud scream from her with a breaking glass sound. "What do you want want now?! Isn't it enough that I've given you numerous girls to feed on?" she retorted trying to move away from his grasp.

As my jaw dropped, my eyes started to flicker on shock. Did I hear her just right? She's been giving out girls to him? Did that include Amy Sparks? Was that why she tried to pin her murder on me?

With my mouth wide open in shock, my grip on the window quickly loosened up. "No! I want someone. I believe she's in your school. I'll spare you if you threaten her and make her give the items to you. About her grades, another murder suspect, anything!" he said. Staring at him in awe, she shook her head. 

"Why don't you do that yourself? Clara's too smart. She has backups, including that police officer from the other day." Grabbing her hair,he encased both her hands and threw her against the wall.