34

You awoke before the sun had risen.

Slowly climbing out of bed you placed your feet on the cool floor and began to walk toward the door.

"Where the hell are you going? It's still dark out." Bakugous voice was groggy from sleep.

You didn't look back."I'm gonna start on some training, probably go for a run."

"Can you not wait until later?"

"Just go back to bed, I didn't mean to wake you up."

You heard the rustling of blankets, "I'll go with you."

"No, I'll be fine on my own." You looked behind you to where Bakugou now stood, rubbing his eyes.

"Don't be a dumbass, it'll be better if someone's there."

"I don't need a chaperone alright?"

You didn't know why you were acting like this. In all honesty, a part of you wanted him to come.

But you pushed those feelings aside, "just go back to bed."

"You aren't supposed to be out in the dark by yourself." He stated.

Your anger grew, "I get you're trying to be a good friend or whatever but that is not what I need right now."

His brows narrowed and he stepped forward, reaching out his arm as if to grab you. You flinched slightly at the sudden movement, but before he could react you disappeared from the room.

-----------------------------

When you appeared in your dorm, you quickly put on an outfit that was comfortable to exercise in and stepped back into the hallway.

The dream you had last night had kept you awake. The experience had felt so real and you could still hear the bone-chilling sound of All For One's voice in your mind.

You needed to do something that would clear your head, and if you had allowed for Bakugou to come it simply would have caused more unwanted emotions.

God, he was so confusing. When the two of you had first met you had been rivals of a sort, but he had been so intrigued by you that he had managed to figure out the secret you had been keeping. Of course, you had kicked his ass, which you had assumed would cause the dislike between the two of you to grow. But somehow it had brought you closer, he had accepted you without question and your feelings had evolved into something like friendship.

And that night at the training camp when he had pushed you out of the way, well that moment had changed everything for you. You realized how terrifying the thought of losing him was, he was the one person who had seen you for what you were and had... admired you for it.

But of course, he had ruined it when he explained that he had only pushed you out of the way in an attempt to be heroic and keep society from further danger. Not because he cared about you.

That had hurt more than you cared to admit.

The confusion continued a few days later when everyone returned to school, and most of the students were avoiding you after the whole "father reveal." Bakugou had been supportive, in his own way, and you figured maybe you could live with the fact that he wouldn't ever care for you as more than somewhat of a friend.

And then he had shown up in your goddamn room.

Maybe to some people, sharing a bed at night with an attractive person who helps comfort them through nightmares, wasn't a big deal. But to someone who hadn't experienced any form of intimacy that wasn't platonic, it wasn't something you could really do without more feelings getting involved.