Chapter 66

Song - One Last Time by Arianna Grande
Status - Chapter song

Katherine POV:

🎵🎶🎵

We stay in that position for a few minutes, I never wanted to leave because I knew that everything was different now.

I look out the other window and can just see everybody playing around in the pool. They had gotten out the inflatable volleyball set and had split into 2 teams, I watch as Toby cheers and high fives Em as Blake hugs her excitedly, lifting her from the pool ground. Carter holds 3 fingers up on one hand and, 2 on the other. He sits on the pool edge with his legs in the water. She beams excitedly and cheers.

It seemed she was good at everything.

"A?" I question, lifting my head.

"Yeah?" Aiden responds.

"Will you do something for me?" I beg. I knew that was I was about to ask was unfair on everyone but I needed it.

"Anything," Aiden replies.

"Can we sleep together, just one last time?" I beg, tears falling from my eyes.

"As in sex?" Aiden questions in a surprised tone.

I nod at him; "I know you have her in your heart, and I know you'll be thinking of her, but please, I just need to one last time."

"Kit Kat, I can't," Aiden replies softly.

"Why not? Please Aiden, I feel like I failed you, just one last time and then that's it," I continue to beg, the tears now falling freely.

"Kat, I love her, I can't ruin that," Aiden tries again.

"I know Aiden, I know, but please. I know you love her, I know that she gives you everything you ever wanted and that I was never good enough, but I just need to, just one last time," I sound pathetic, I can't believe I was begging for sex, but I was in love with him, and I just needed to feel him one last time if I was to get over him.

"You were good enough Kat," Aiden replies instantly.

"Aiden you know that's not true, you have everything with her, and I don't blame you because she's beautiful but I have nothing here without you. I know I don't deserve it and it's not fair of me to be asking you to do this but please," I try one last time.

I get ready for his rejection again, the tears are already falling. I loved him, he loved her. But the rejection I'm so prepared for never comes.

"Okay," he agrees.

I look at him in surprise, but before long, he's kissing away my tears and taking me to a place that I was fully prepared he would never take me to again.

Emily POV:

"Fuck yes!!" Toby cheers as he gets another point for our team. I laugh at him and smile when he grabs me before spinning me around in the water excitedly.

"Fine, I give up. You suckers win," Charlie groans.

"It's a good thing you're better at cheer than you are at Volleyball babe," Toby winks at her.

I laugh at his comment as Charlie swims over to him and jumps on his back. They laugh together as Dale swims over to me.

"Where's Aiden?" He questions.

"I'm not sure, he had to do something for Ang but that was like half an hour ago," I reply shrugging.

Dale looks around and for some reason, he looks annoyed but I ignore it before climbing out of the pool and sitting on one of the pool chairs. I check my phone and reply to a few text messages from Amy and James before I see an unfamiliar number that had tried to call me. My instant thought is that maybe it was my father but I knew his number would be recognized on my phone.