Chapter 46: I Can't Wait To See You Again

Epona's POV:

I covered my ears through the yelling of Mrs. Weasley and Sirius. It's not because I didn't want to hear what they were saying, trust me, if anyone likes watching drama unfold it's me. But the ringing in my ears won't stop.

I started hyperventilating, and I felt an arm go around me. Opening my eyes slowly, I noticed that everyone had quieted down, and was looking at me concerned. Harry was the one with his arm around me, and he looked worried. But it's not just worry in their faces.

I looked around, my brow furrowed, "What?"

"You...You were mumbling about that woman again..." Harry said, his voice slightly quiet, but still loud enough other heard.

"You all think I'm crazy..." I stood up.

Sirius looked at me sadly, "Effie, we don't. It's just-"

I eyed him, "It's not anything. Its not just about Harry knowing. It's because all of you think I'm unstable. You all have since the day I fucking met you." I rubbed my temples, "You know what? Tell Harry. I honestly couldn't care less at this point."

Before they could stop me, I walked out of the kitchen. I sat down on the landing on the ran my fingers through my hair. I then felt three people pass me and sit down around me. I looked up to see Ginny, Fred and George sitting with me.

"why are you here?" I mumbled, and Ginny gave me a stern look.

"Because you're going to get your ass back in that kitchen and sit with your brother and listen to what they're saying." My eyes widened at her statement.

"Yeah." George said, and Fred joined in.

"You're not crazy. We believe you're not. You lived. And you got to take one hell of a nap." Fred nudged me playfully, and I smiled.

"You guys just want me to tell you what I heard in there." I laughed, and all three of them dramatically gasped.

"NoOoO!" Ginny said, and I smacked her arm.

"Yeah Yeah Yeah. I'll tell you what I can later." I smiled and got up. As soon as Ron and Hermione passed me, I put on my poker face again. 

I walked back into the kitchen and sat down next to Harry. All eyes on me. What a familiar situation.

"I change my mind. I wanna know what's going on. I saw him with Harry, and I think I have every right to know just as much as he does." I said, and Harry smiled at me. It was that kind of smile that someone gives you when you left, but came back and they knew you wouldn't leave them.

And also the smile of the fact that he knows I can't help myself but listen.

I groaned towards the end of the conversation, "So everything you're telling us is everything we could already deduce? That hardly seems fair. Whatever happened to the juicy stuff? We already know that Fudge is a paranoid pussy, who seems about in denial about everything. What's new?" I asked, annoyed.

Mrs. Weasley seemed to have turned white at my language, probably because she said I was like a daughter to her. Guess I'm sorry. Not really though.

Sirius cleared his throat, "Well, Effie, you're right. We don't know much, but we have been using our advantage to spread as much of the word as we can. But, he needs a weapon, one he didn't have before..."

Harry looked slightly disturbed, "When he was powerful?"

"Yes."

"What kind of weapon?" I felt a ball in my throat, almost like I didn't want to even udder the words. But I did anyways, because I don't like being scared, "Something worse than the Avada Kadavra..."

But I never got to finish that sentence. Mrs. Weasley told us that that was enough, and we were told enough. That it was time for bed. 

Harry and I both looked at each other, than he spoke first, "I'll join."

"I want to fight." I said, in the same serious tone.

"We want to join." Harry and I spoke the words in unison, something the people around us were getting used to.

"No." 

It wasn't Mrs. Weasley, but Lupin. We were told we couldn't join because we aren't eighteen, and still in school. One by one Mrs. Weasley made her sons and Hermione go upstairs, along with Harry, and I followed in defeat.

To put it simply, life happened, and now it's the day of Harry's trial. Lucky me, I was excluded since it was a first offense. Even if I was a, how did they say it "Fame grubbing little liar". Guess even I deserve fairness. I argued that I was going to be there with my brother, whether they wanted me to be or not. To be honest, I think they knew they couldn't stop me.

I was forced to watch the trial silently, and Dumbledore made to give me stern directions that I keep my mouth shut so that Harry would be let go. I felt my nails digging in to my palm the whole time, biting my tongue so I didn't speak and fuck everything up.

Because I seem to be good at doing that.

When it was over, I hugged Harry tightly, after he seemed devastated Dumbledore ignored him. He then looked at my hands, to see I had drew blood from how hard my nails were pressing into my palm. Fun.

Though our interaction with Mr. Malfoy was...interesting to say the least. He seemed to recognize me, and although we had only met twice, neither occasion was quite pleasant. Harry walked away as soon as he could, and I said I'd catch up.

I looked Mr. Malfoy in the eye.

"Your a Potter." He said.

"Wow, you understand how last names work." I did a small clap, "Good job, sir."

He scowled at me, "You never said a word..."

"About what? It's none of my business what you choose to do in your free time. I'd just prefer it if you didn't get in my way. Or things might get a bit toasty." I shrugged.

Mr. Malfoy narrowed his eyes at me, "What did you do to my son?"

I scoffed, "I didn't do anything to him. He chooses to hang out with me. And I quite like his attention. Do you have a problem with that?"

For a moment, I thought I saw him smirk, "Not at all, Miss Potter." It then faded to his normal frown, "But you should take some of your own advice and stay out of the way."

I rolled my eyes and pushed past him, "Rich twat." I caught up with Harry and Mr. Weasley, who were waiting just up ahead.

Soon enough, I had already packed my bags to go to Hogwarts. Although I knew what I would to when I saw one person, and although I was dreading it, I know it has to be done. I have to be brave.

Even if it's just pretend.