5.07

Helena woke up a bit groggy, as her alarm rang

Helena woke up a bit groggy, as her alarm rang. At that, she moved to turn it off, Mark letting out a groan. Helena exhaled as she let her head fall back on the pillow.

"I don't wanna go to work..." She whined, the man pressing a kiss to her temple.

"Oh, come on, you love work." He teased, putting a lock of hair behind her ear.

"I do. But Cristina and Meredith are still fighting and being all silently angry at each other. And Izzie is still acting weird, I'm worried about her." She complained, closing her eyes again. "So, I'm going back to sleep, where it's warm and... problemless."

"You're a resident, you can't just go back to sleep. Now, come on, you're on peds, today! Why aren't you excited?" He asked her, throwing the sheets off of their bodies.

"It's Jackson's case, the little boy that has had twelve bowel recessions. So I'm going back to sleep!" Helena told him in a sing songy manner, her eyes still closed.

At that, the man gave her a mischievous grin, moving to tickle her. At the surprise attack, Helena squealed before starting a fit of laughter, almost falling off the bed to get up, as she got away from him. After catching her breath, she narrowed her eyes at him. "I'm gonna get you back, when you least expected." Turning to enter the bathroom, a hand running through her hair, she repeated. "You hear me, Sloan? When you least expect it!"

——

"Jackson Prescott!" Bailey as she entered the room with Helena. They were working on a peds case for the day, with Dr. Kenley. "You shot up again."

"No, I didn't." The kid smiled at them.

"Then why do you look so big?" Helena asked him, smiling.

"Because you two are short." He told them, making the brunette giggle.

"We've always been short, you grew." Bailey argued.

"Unless we've shrunk, which happens to really old people..." The girl gasped, playfully. "Are you calling us old, Jackson?"

The boy giggled as he shook his head.

"Dr. Bailey, Dr. Campos, while I check out Jackson, why don't you take Melinda through today's procedure?" Kenley asked them, the two women leaving the room.

"Did you see he looks more yellow?" The mother asked the doctors, worried.

"Ok, Dr. Kenley is gonna check his liver function test." Bailey said, reassuringly.

"We'll take good care of him, Melinda." Helena agreed, nodding, as she went back into the room.

In there, the child bargained with the attending. "Are you gonna let me have a lollipop this time? My stomach is not so bad right now..."