❀35❀

"Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will."

"Hwara! Wake up!" voices yell in the girl's ear, causing the girl to snap her eyes open in annoyance

"Renjun let me sleep," Hwara mumbles, pushing her face back into her pillow.

Renjun rolls his eyes at the girl before nodding at Chenle, who immediately clears his throat. Renjun then proceeds to cover his ears tightly, bracing himself. "WAKE UP!"

Hwara yelps at the piercing sound of Chenle's dolphin scream right next to her ear, immediately sitting up before glaring at Chenle. "You're dead."

Chenle immediately runs out of the room, causing Hwara to stand up to chase after him. But, her injuries stop her. "Renjun chase him down."

Renjun rolls his eyes again, walking out of Hwara's room. Hwara immediately walks over to Jisung's room, walking into his room without knocking. Jisung, who's just packing some extra clothes, snaps his eyes to Hwara.

"Jisung! Can you help me beat up Chenle?"

"Why?"

"He dolphin screamed in my ear. I didn't get much sleep either," Hwara says, pouting.

Although Hwara has become much more expressive, she herself doesn't actually know that. In her mind, she thinks she still looks and feels indifferent.

He doesn't actually want to go fight Chenle—he's pretty lazy right now. But, seeing Hwara pout makes him go against his mind. "Fine, follow me."

Both of them run all the way down to the first floor of NCT's main base—well, Hwara's trying to run—where they see Chenle hide behind the counter. Before Jisung has the chance to go after him, Hwara pulls Jisung backward.

"Carry me on your shoulders. That way I can fight."

Jisung's eyes widen as he stares at the girl, not believing what she just said. "I-I what?"

"Hurry up, Sung. Please?"

Quietly muttering nonsense, Jisung kneels down to carry her, quickly holding her legs so she doesn't fall. He then stands back up, his cheeks tinted light pink.

They walk over to where Chenle is, quickly pulling him out of his hiding spot. The boy's eyes widen as he sees Hwara on top of Jisung's shoulders before outright cackling.

"You two look so weird!"

"Chenle, shut up," Jisung mumbles.

Hwara, not really understanding what's going on once again, lightly pushes the boy backward. "Let's fight."

"I-" Chenle sighs before walking over to Renjun. Soon, Renjun's on top of Chenle's shoulders and Hwara's on top of Jisung's, all four of them ready to fight. Well, Renjun and Jisung are kind of annoyed.