Chapter 20 - Talk of a Borough War

Stage: Me - Cards: ac110807
- Chapter 20 - A Meeting (Which was a terrible idea, really) -
Warnings: Enemies, fighting
Third Person POV

Cards and Jack helped Specs calm Stage down to sleep, and then take a look at her injuries.

They weren't much better than they had been when she first got out of the Refuge.

Spot had been sitting by Ace, Smokes, Red, and Hotshot.

Smokes laid on Ace, half asleep but still wide awake. He just sat there thinking in silence.

Cards makes eye contact with Jack and Spot, who both nod.

Cards whispers something to Specs and Mush, before getting up.

Jack and Spot get up as well.

"Where are you going?" Smokes whispers, knowing full well what their intentions were.

"No where, stay here" Spot responds, as he walks to the door.

"Don't do anything stupid" Smokes whispers after him.

"Such little faith in me, eh?" Spot questions, turning back to face him.

"You tend to have a little bit of a temper. I just don't want you to start a Borough War, especially not with the Drifters involved" Smokes states. Spot rolls his eyes a bit.

"We're not." Spot tells Smokes. "We're going to have a civilized talk."

Smokes scoffs. "Sure."

A few minutes later

Spot, Cards, and Jack stand in front of Zip and Switch, arms crossed.

"Well, well, well," Zip shares a smirk with Switch. "I'm very glad you decided to come meet with us."

"Listen Switch, Zip," Jack starts, as Spot grabs Cards' wrist to stop her from attacking Zip. "Turf Wars are not a fun thing, and I doubt anyone here wants to start one, but you touch another one of our Newsies, especially Stage, and I won't hold Cards back again."

Switch clicks his tongue, smirking. "Let her come at me, I really don't care. What could she do?"

"Trust me, Switch," Spot starts, holding Cards' arms behind her back. "If you hurt Stage or make Cards mad, you're gonna get a lot more hurt than you think."

"You make it seem like you've experienced it." Switch states. "Has the all-mighty Spot Conlon gotten soaked by a little girl?"

Cards scowls at Switch. "Keep talking like that and you won't be able to speak."

Spot shakes his head, ignoring Cards' comment. "I haven't dealt with it myself, but I've seen the after side of someone getting beat up by Cards. Wonder why the Delanceys haven't bothered someone for a little bit?"

Zip and Switch's eyes widen, as they turn to face Cards. "You beat up the Delanceys?"

Cards stops fighting against Spot. "Yeah. You wanna end up like them?"