Chapter 21

"Master Galad. Your new battalion, waiting for you, they are." Master Yoda said.

(Y/n) had been called into the council room to be informed that all Jedi knights and Masters would be appointed the rank of General in this new war. Rohan would be appointed Commander, that is, until she became a Jedi knight and would get her own battalion.

"Of course, Master Yoda. Where will I find them?" (Y/n) asked.

"Follow me, you will." Yoda said.

He hopped up out of his chair and led the Jedi knight and her padawan to a large room that was full of clones. She saw other Jedi meeting their own battalions. (Y/n) looked to see Anakin, who no longer had his padawan braid, speaking to a blonde clone with blue stripes on his armor, signaling that he belonged to Anakin's battalion. She had yet to see Obi-Wan.

Now that Anakin had been made a Jedi Knight, Obi-Wan was granted the rank of Jedi Master, and almost immediately voted onto the Jedi Council. She was happy for him, but she longed to see him again. Just, not in front of every Jedi and clone around, including her padawan.

Master Yoda led the elf to a group of clones with light gray strips on their armor. The clone on the front had longer hair than the others, and a gray shoulder pad on his left shoulder.

"The 107th, your battalion is. Leave you to get acquainted, I will." Yoda said, and hobbled off to his own clones.

(Y/n) looked to the clone in front of her and asked, "What's your name?"

"CT-743-" the clone started, but (Y/n) cut him off. She didn't want to know them as numbers. She wanted to know them as people.

"I asked for you name, not your number. In my eyes, you don't have numbers. You're human beings, why be treated as though you are not?" (Y/n) said kindly, and the clone smiled a little.

"The boys call me Bucky, sir." The clone, Bucky, answered.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Bucky. I hope that you can see me as a friend instead of a superior." she said.

"Of course, sir. I wouldn't have it any other way, sir." Bucky said. She laughed a bit, and turned to Rohan, who was watching the exchange.

"This is my padawan, Rohan Aola." (Y/n) said, bringing the Twi'lek forward. The girl was not as shy as she once was, and stuck her hand out for Bucky to shake.

"Its very wonderful to meet you, Bucky." Rohan said.

"Its nice to meet you too, Commander." Bucky replied, shaking her hand.

There were a few other clones behind Bucky, so (Y/n) moved to speak with them as well.

"Hello, I am Jedi (Y/n) Galad. I want to get to know each of you, but not as soldiers, as people. I want to know your names, your passions, and what you want to fight for. So, please, each of you step forward."

Each clone took off his helmet, and (Y/n) could feel their differences through the Force. They may all share the same face, but each one was different in their own way. She met Rogers, Banner, Iron, Rocket, Hawkeye, and Marvel.

Rogers seemed to be the calm and collected one, but knew his way around a battlefield. He and Bucky seemed to be very good friends.

Banner was able to get frustrated easily, but (Y/n) believed she could help him with his anger. She spoke to him, and he seemed to be a very nice person when he did not 'blow up'.

Iron seemed to be cocky, but be willing to make sacrifices to save others. He was incredibly smart, and loved to build the weapons they would use in their battles.

Rocket was the one to use the effective weapons and to try and destroy as many "clankers" as he can. Although his heart is in the right place, his language could be helped. However, he did make her laugh.

Hawkeye was their pro sniper, never missing. He had a sarcastic sense about him, never failing to make the others laugh.

Marvel was new to their group, but felt accepted nonetheless. He got along with Rocket, it seemed.

With each new introduction, she got to know each clone better and better, wanting to make them feel as though she was a friend and not their general.

(Y/n) was drawn away when she saw Rohan speaking to Bucky, very into the conversation. The Twi was extremely interested in him for only knowing Bucky for ten minutes.

"Rohan, come on. We must go." (Y/n) said, putting a hand on her padawan's shoulder. Rohan nodded and said bye to Bucky.

"We will see you at our first mission, Captain." (Y/n) said to Bucky, and walked Rohan away from the battalion. Unfortunately for (Y/n), they bumped into Obi-Wan on their way out.

"Well, hello there!" Obi-Wan said, smiling.

"O-Obi-Wan! Hi! What-um, what are you doing here?" (Y/n) stuttered a bit, and Rohan eyed her master suspiciously.

"I'm here to meet my clone battalion, as you were." he answered.

"Right, right." she muttered, but then looked back up at him. She noticed he had cut his hair, having it swipe to the side of his head, and his beard was coming in more full.

"You've cut your hair" she stated, and Obi-Wan put his hand up to it.

"Oh, yeah. Well, I thought it was time for a new look." he said, and laughed. (Y/n) laughed with him, trying not to turn red. Obi-Wan's eyes found the padawan next to her, and immediately decided to introduce himself. "Hi, I'm Obi-Wan Kenobi. You must be the padawan I've heard so much about."

"Yes, I'm Rohan, Master Kenobi." Rohan said with a smile on her face. She saw the redness of her master's face, and decided to ask her about it later.

"Well, you couldn't have gotten a better master than (Y/n)" Obi-Wan said. "If you'll excuse me, I must go meet my battalion."

With that, the Jedi left the two in the doorway. (Y/n) quickly recovered from the meeting, but her padawan had many questions.

"Master, are you alright?" Rohan asked with a slight smirk.

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" the elf responded, heart pounding in her chest.

"Oh, just the small matter of your crimson peaked face, Master."

(Y/n) glared at the girl, who laughed a bit and followed her master through the Jedi Temple. (Y/n) decided to take her mind off of the handsome man she bumped into, and train.

"Come on, pick up your lightsaber." (Y/n) said to the Twi'lek.

"But Master, you said today we didn't have to train." Rohan pointed out.

"I've changed my mind. We could both use a good spar."