chappie six: forgiving

I had a week of studying, I passed my test, so you get update :) also...I've got this story sort of planned out hehe the Okinawa trip is definitely coming up!

--
Saiki and his two friends, one of them being annoying and the other humming a theme song. He glanced with narrowed eyes. Every morning he dealt such irritation. Ironically enough, he never strayed away from them.

There's the guys!

The pink psychic subtly switched his gaze to the familiar voice and there she was, looking right at them with a small smile on her lips. Her tired eyes stared at them, a slight glint in them. Saiki dismissed the memory of her smile and brought his attention back forward. He didn't lie or was too caught up in the moment when he admitted that she wasn't bad company. But that didn't mean he was going to become an instant best friend to the girl. He simply tolerated her presence.

"Oi, there's that cute girl...what was her name again?" Nendo tapped his chin, "Oh right, Yona-chan!" He grinned.

"You can't just call her by her first name!" Kaido exclaimed, blushing. He thought that first names were for the closer friends or very trusted allies. That's why I haven't gotten Saiki's permission, but I know that day will come, He vowed to himself in determination.

Yeah that's why. Saiki rolled his eyes at the chuunibyou. He huffed once Nendo's muscular arm wrapped around his neck and the taller male poked his cheek.

"Soooo buddy, c'mon tell us! Are you and that pretty thing together or what? You were the one to have helped her first." Nendo smirked suggestively.

"Nendo, stop being so nosy." Kaido glared.

Yare, yare. Saiki continued walking, ignoring the two. Fortunately, Nendo released his arms from Saiki and focused his attention onto Kaido.

They're so energetic, except Saiki. He looks like he just tolerates it because they're his friends. Yona giggled, watching Nendo and Kaido argue. Sooner than she realized, she caught all their gazes and she smiled at them, her heart swelling from their generosity and presence because of the previous night.

"Yo!" The body of Toritsuka had blocked her gaze from the trio. Yona's smile faltered into that lazy expression she usually carried. Her eyes turned away from the purple haired male. She nodded.

"How was your attempt at getting a girlfriend?" She asked uninterested. Yona didn't want to know the details of how her perverted friend tried to wiggle his way into a girl's life using his 'charm', but she wanted to know how his night went.

"It failed, I guess she was too shy." Toritsuka lied.

"Hm." She droned.

"And yours?" He focused his attention on her. The purple haired medium had been to caught up in his selfish wants, but a small part of him was guilty for leaving the girl alone. He didn't always see her acting so cute and bubbly and the previous night alone was a reminder of what he missed.

Her face looked so innocent. Toritsuka grinned.

From afar, Saiki scrunched his face at the lowered number that Yona's likability meter had for Toritsuka. Her smile that radiated with beauty was long vanished gone. He checked his own likability rate and it was a bit higher than Toritsuka's original number once she began explaining how her night went. He was aware of the gratitude, but he didn't think a little company meant that much to the girl.

"Whatever, I said it was fine, Reita." Yona's monotone voice reached his ears as she passed by with Toritsuka who repeatedly apologized to her. She was already over the excuses he tried to present to her.

"But--"

"I told you to go. Besides, it's not like we're a couple or anything, you're free to ask out any girl." She put her hand up to stop him from stepping closer. "I'm just..." Yona's brows furrowed as she sighed and smiled up at Reita, "I wanted to enjoy the fireworks with someone special and I did. I had a good time after all, and there's no need for me to be mad."

She's very forgiving. Saiki was again caught up in Yona's path. Considering who she's forgiving, I'm impressed. Any other girl would've straight up dumped up.

"Hey Saiki!"

I'm dumping you. Saiki stopped his pace, turning to Toritsuka an annoyed look. Saiki turned his body away from the purple haired male, but didn't walk away. Yona's eyes widened at him and almost shyed away from him.

"Hey Saiki, how are you?" Toritsuka asked.

"Reita, we need to get to class. I'm sure Saiki was already going to his, let's not bother him." Saiki followed her fingers that gripped onto the boy's blazer. He was reminded of her smiling face once more and an ounce of gratitude was welcomed as she tried to drag her Toritsuka away.

"Saiki? Eh, he can always tel--" Toritsuka paused with wide eyes. Saiki remained calm despite the small bead of sweat building up on his temple.

Yona shook her head and pulled him towards her, "He can't tell his teacher excuses. C'mon already." She walked away with Toritsuka in tow, him blushing at how her body was pressed against his.

At the corner of the hallway, Yona glanced back at Saiki with a small smile. His face remained neutral. She nodded her head in a mutual understanding. Her being thankful and him being appreciative. Of course, Yona didn't know of his appreciation because she wasn't a psychic, but she knew from the nod that he returned, he was relieved from having to interact with Toritsuka.

Saiki headed to his own class with a smile. He found himself paying more attention to the color in her eyes for the second time, the way they were more expressive than the forced smiles she gave.

She really is tolerant. I don't mind passing by her this time.