Chapter One

Author's Note: Hello readers! This is the first story I have ever uploaded to Wattpad.
I have been preparing to do so for a while now and yeah now I've done it. This will be a "short story" that came to me while I was eating a bowl of fruity pebbles and I have fallen in love with the characters.
I am still a learning and growing writer so keep that in mind and be respectful please! I'm hoping that this story will just be the first of many that I choose to put out into the world. I am so pleased that you have decided to join my journey as a writer! :)
This story will update every Monday and Friday! I hope you enjoy it!!!

[~~~~~~~~~~~~]
          The cold stone floor pushes against the bare skin of my arms as I try not to make any noise under the bed. Not just any bed, but the crown prince of the three realms of Tribon's bed. And sitting on that bed made of dark oak and filled with crimson pillows, is the crown prince and his lover. Lucky they haven't seen me or heard me, that is thanks to the energy I am building up in my lower abdomen, using this energy I mask my presence in the room. But I have been stuck under the bed for quite a while now and I can feel my energy depleting.

          Soon I will be unable to hide myself and my snooping will be revealed, and believe me I didn't purposely put myself in this situation. I was already in the bedroom when they entered and couldn't think of anywhere else to go. I feel my eyebrows push down in concentration as I stare at the prince's dark boots, only inches from my nose. A piece of my red hair falls in front of my face and covers the view from one of my blue eyes. Oh and did I forget to mention that they have been trading saliva for the past ten minutes. I can hear them break for air and I close my eyes, wishing to the goddess for them to be done. "Ashton." The girl's high pitched voice sighs, breath heavy.

          "You should go." Ashton, the prince, says forcibly getting off the bed and heading to the large doors leading to the parlor.

           Pulling the doors open he leads the tiny blonde girl out of the room, and I release a sigh letting the collected energy in my stomach to disperse as I pull myself out from under the bed. Smoothing the skirts of my rich green dress I walk over to the desk looking out over the palace courtyard and take a seat in the tall backed rough leather chair. I hear a whispered conversation between Ashton and the girl at the parlor door to the hallway. Then the door closes and Ashton releases a sigh, walking back through the parlor towards the bedroom.

          I begin to flip through the papers neatly organized on the desk. With a flick of my finger some of my bottled up energy shoots out pulling open a drawer and lifting the contents into the air. I hear the sharp noise of shoes stopping suddenly on the floor. Without looking up from the report I am currently scanning I say, "What was her name again Husband, I'm sorry to say that it has slipped my mind."

          I look up through my light lashes to the figure standing in the doorway of the bedroom. Tall with broad shoulders, caramel skin, and dark curly hair matched with dark eyes which are trained on me. Ashton takes a step towards me then hesitates, "Nisla, darling, I was led to believe that you were not to return for another fortnight."

          With another flick of my hand the papers floating around me return to their place in the drawer and I stand, beginning to round the desk, "I decided to return early, my mother was being pushy about her lack of grandchildren and Adeena and Eira have been at war with each other for the past month. I was tired of watching them duel daily; you can only see your sisters rip each other's limbs off so many times before you become bored." 

         The heels of my calf high boots click against the marble floor as I walk towards Ashton. I run my pail hands over the dark tunic with gold adornments covering his chest. Looking up into his dark eyes I ask the question again, but this time my voice is colder and more forceful, "What is her name."

          I see fear flicker in his eyes for just a moment before a stone mask falls over his face.
"Ann Marki."

          I cup the back of his neck with my hand and pull his face to mine. Our lips brush and I feel his breath mix with mine. My heart screams out wanting nothing more than to kiss him, pulling back my lust I stop myself and speak against his lips, " If only that was the truth, Husband."

         Letting go of him I step away and nod to the shadows in all four corners of the room. Three slip away out the open door, while the fourth shadow steps forward. Zillah, the head of my hunters, materializes out of the darkness and bows before following the others. Ashten stares after them anger written over his features. I wish I could say that it made him less handsome but unfortunately the opposite was true. He turns towards me quickly, his lip curling back in a snarl, " Have they been here this whole time?"

         I just stare at him while I play with a piece of my hair, tension fills the room as I raise an eyebrow at him. He marches past me and slams a fist onto the desk, a small vase with a single blood lily crashes to the stone floor causing glass and water to spray in the surrounding area.

         "Have they been following me this past month that you have been absent!" Ashton growls staring at his fist. I enter the parlor without answering him. "Nisla! Answer me!" He roars from where I left him.

          "Yes." I say as I throw open the doors with a slight twitch of my fingers. As they slam behind me I whisper a name under my breath, " Kira Saldona."

                                                                     [~~~~~~~~~~~~]
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this first chapter! - A.K. Coffman